Thursday, May 03, 2001
Guys, guys, guys...too many guys, too little time

OJ ( AGAIN!)

I was just with OJ. I mentioned that I have been avoiding him lately because of what Mickey told me when we were in Las Vegas. And well, I think he finally noticed how I am trying to avoid him. Today was one of those days, OJ and I talked again. One thing that we share in common is our love for basketball. Growing up with a brother who is only two years younger than me, I learned to appreciate the concepts of basketball and enjoyed watching my brothers and his friends play a game. We used to play basketball together in our back yard and now, wehn I see them play, it reminds me of our childhood together. I feel like that with OJ. I can talk to him about anything and everything without feeling embarrass. We always have conversations about Lakers and his Sixers. I think he's amazed of my knowedge with the game. After all, not all women aroudn my age have a passion for basketball and "Kobe Bryant." (LOL) I don't know.

But today in class, I was so quiet because my whole body was aching from doing that tae bo work out last night. Plus, it's the fact that I had to be in school at 6:30 in the morning is quite a strain. But he was cutting me down and said,

"Are you praying? Are you okay? because you seemed so quiet on you own little corner."

And I just responded jokingly,
"OJ, it's too early for you to get on my case. If you didn't have "any" last night, if you're call boy business are down on rates right now, if none of the your avid clients who are either gay or divorce women in their fiftees are not giving you a booty call, please don't take it against me!"

And the rest of the troop sat there laughing... including OJ.

After class, OJ and I walked around the school and sat at our favorite place at the quad infront of the Nursing Department building (where I am waiting for a class)and we would just have endless hours cutting each other down or exchange stories. I admit, I enjoy his company but I don't know what he wants from me. For months now, I am yearning to ask him if he liked me, what he meant by giving me the necklace with a heart pendant, by taking me to class and sometimes, picking me up, by carrying my books and back pack for me, calling me at home at odd hours and checking if I was okay...All these questions are popping through my head while he was there in front of me staring me in the eyes, and telling me his stories. But as I said, from my previous entries, I am such a coward with dealing with these questions. I have no nerve or guts to ask him. I figured, if he does really like me, he should tell me. But obviously, action speaks louder than words, and the necklace, the drinks he bought me in the bar at studio 54 while we were in Vegas, all... everything else...is that telling me something? Today, I had another "hint." I just remembered he was goign home to the Philippines for vacation this end of May. I asked him a favor if he can buy me Cd's(because cd's there cost half price compared to cd's here) I wanted and I will give him the money. He asked me what I wanted. And I told him and he said he will get it for me free of charge. That he was actually planning to buy me the cd's anyway even if I didn't tell him.

I was speechless for a moment. He was PLANNING to? What's that suppose to mean? I don't know. The urge to ask him again came but as usual, I took the easy way out and avoided it. He went to his class but he did ahmm...made sure I was okay andwent and dropped me here at the library.

JASON
He's not filipino. He's a mix of Asian, Black and Hispanic. But he's educated and a college graduate, a must for me!. He's a disc jockey and a accounting staff for the cellular company called Cingular Wireless. He's independent and he's willing to learn and very open minded. But the chances of me getting attracted to him? I really don't know. But for right now, he's for keeps.

GLENN
My ex boyfriend called after I talked to Jason. Actually way after, it was 2 am! And I asked him why does he kept calling me when we decided to part ways for the obvious reasons. And he starts telling me how he can't keep himself away from me, how it was just me for the past four years, and how even if he messed up, he remained true to what he felt for me, and he never had anybody in his life who "listened" to him, " talked" to him like a human with emotions, cared and loved him for all he is and been... like I did. It was three in the morning here in Cali, and I was really out of it. And I knew he could sense I was so tired and sleepy.All I could say was, "okay." And I asked and excused if I can go because I have to get up early.He said I do't love him anymore. And I remained quiet. My mind can understand and comprehend what he was telling me. I ought to tell him how much he meant to me, how there are certain times when I cry because I missed him and I wanted to hold him, how he has caused me so much sorrow that I am tying to dminish or rather lessen all of it each and every day, how very much I wanted him back but he messed up by getting her pregnant, leaving me with no other choice but to leave, too and get my self together. I am in the gradual process of finding "me" amd learning how to love. Glenn was the last man who taught me to love with all my might but he also taught me when it's time to let that love go. I knew he still loved me. Even if he denied it, I could well sense it. I feel the same...prehaps, less, but it's also the wrong feeling to feel. As I said, I closed our love story with a lonely ending. Will I be able to create chapters of memories with him again? I have no clue. Maybe when he proves to me that the baby is not his. Otherwise, I willstill be his bestfriend and I assured him, I am here to stay.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
For Maff: If you're reading this, I just want you ...
YEARN TO LOVE.....Jun called and said hello. Well,...
WHAT'S BEEN UP WITH ME........--- Haven't chat for...
ONLY TIME....I was browsing through couple blog si...
US: THEN AND NOW....You drown me deep even beneat...
MAFF: I ain't mad at ya! I am just busy. And I tot...
Guess who called?!Guess what? I got a phonecall la...
Quotes SearchingBleh.I'm so bored. Nothing much up...
PAMPERMy mother woke me up this morning and said t...
STRONGPeople I knew and around me tends to describ...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES