Sunday, April 22, 2001
PAMPER

My mother woke me up this morning and said that Papa wants to go out of town and asked if I wanted to go. I declined because I am still not feeling too well. I have this whoofing cough and the sputum that comes with it. So I was supposed to go out and all but my body can't take all these alcohol and whatever else abuse I have been taking in. So off went my parents with my brother to Monterey. Actually, my sister, Kring, just told me that my parents headed to Salida (in Northern California) to my auntie Vicky's pad. It's funny because it seemed like my parents have lore life than me. Actually, I suggested that they should go out of town just to get away from everything. Mom deserves it. She has been working so hard the past few days. Papa, on the other hand, is getting so bored.

So they left and they had all these things of errands listed for me to take care and I already did it all. I had to babysit my siblings not that they need babysitting but more like, someone to be the authority whil emy parents are not home. I cleaned my room and the kitchen. I instructed my sister Kring to clean her room, too and LA, our baby brother, to clean the family and living room. We got all these house cleaning and all the other stuff done and we were so bored the whole day. There's nowhere to go because it was raining cats and dogs here in LA. We were surfing the net, or the cable channels.

I am so bored that I decided to soak myself up in my parent's jacuzzi. They have a jacuzzi/spa on the master bath. So I filled it with the scented bubble bath liquid. I turnedd off the light, lit up the candles, turned on the radio, and soaked myself and lie there for almost two hours. I let the spa massage every aching muscle in my body from head to toe.

While in the spa and listening to slow jams played on the radio, I started thinking of Glenn. I was actually expecting I would probably start crying because I miss him. I didn't. It helped laying there and letting all your problems and frustrations go away. For instance, Glenn is slowly drifting out of my thoughts and I expected this will be a gradual change and the conflicts with my friends, I am just draining it down the drain. And it felt so good. The vibrations from the spa, mentally and physically stimulated me leaving my body and mind relaxed and pampered.

I did my nails and applied mask on my face and lie there...as if I am sleeping for what it seemed endless hours. It felt good. I took a shower and did a hot oil treatment on my hair and body scrubbed my whole body with this minty soap. I also exfoliated my face with some minty facial scrub to remove the dead pores.

It was so helpful laying there and not worry about anything. I meditated on things that are inspiring. And purposely forget everything that's been a negative force in my life lately. I felt good inside and out. Not only did I pampered my entire body, but relaxed my mind and soul as well.

As I am sitting here in front of my computer, I could smell the Irish Spring soap I used to soap my body, and the natural scent of the Herbal Essence conditioner I shampooed my hair with. I am running my fingers through my hair and not a single tangle.It's completely smooth and straight. I am so relaxed that my eyes are almost closing down on me. I can't wait to lie down inmy bed with my newly changed and laundried cream colored, bamboo printed bed sheets. Nothing compares to the comfort of throwing yourself on top of your fluffy bed. I love how the bed sheet are so soft and a bit cold. I love the smell of Downey onthe sheets and on my pillow cases. I rub my toes to the sheets and in a minute, I would close my eyes and fall asleep. To top it all, the sound of raindrops outside are especiallysoothing to my ears. The cold and wet climate makes me even want to go sleep ever more. It's raining, cold, and breezy here in LA.

Try pampering yourself or with the one you love even just for once. I would rather have someone to pamper me but I have no one right now. But doing it alone doesn't hurt either. It's very self satisfying. You feel good with yourself and at the same time, you're boost up to go face another challenging day. Try it. You'll thank me for it, I guarantee it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
STRONGPeople I knew and around me tends to describ...
I miss Inch. I wish I could drive to Irvine now an...
O hayo gazai mazu! Muchi muchi! ( Good day and Hel...
LITTLE BITS OF EVERYTHING................I thought...
SIBLINGS BONDINGRemember when I told you I am reki...
I'm in school right now. I hope you're feeling bet...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKEY! Two more years!!! and you c...
BREATH.....Did I tell you I had an arguement with ...
Marvelous MarkMark picked me up. As soon as he got...
MARK: My "homie-lover-friend" I am killing time ri...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES