Monday, April 09, 2001
ONE LAST CRY

"My shattered dreams and broken heart
are mending on the shelf.
I saw you holding hands
and standing close to someone elseā€¦
now I sit, all alone,
wishing my feelings were gone.
Got to get over you, n
othing for me to do
but have one last cry"

(from Brian Mcknight's song "One Last Cry")
Finally, I talked to Glenn last night. It was probably the last time, for now, that I will ever get to talk to him. It's the time I am putting closure to what I am feeling for him. It's the time I am closing our love story that ended up in flames...burning. It's time for me to say GOOD BYE.....

I asked Glenn how many girlfriends did he have in the Philippines, jokingly. *Silence* and no remarks.Okay, I'd give it another try.

"How are you?" I asked him eagerly.

"Good, I guess..," he answered selfishly.

"I guess? Why I guess? "

Then he blurted, "How are you?.....How's Maffi?.....How's school?...."

He sounds ......so concerned. He's so....different. This is not Glenn. He's quiet...too quiet, I say. There has to be something wrong. I could smell it. I smelled it when he last called me from the Philippines. I know it was something I don't want to hear.

With a deep breath, I asked," What's wrong?"

First, Glenn said nothing was wrong. No, I demanded somethign was wrong. I reminded him he was talking to me and he's not talking to anyone else. I KNOW if something's bothering him or if something's on his mind and he can't tell me. I don't know how it went to our conversation. It's in the tone of his voice. I could sense discomfort and sadness. I know I am seconds away from hearing something I know that will hurt me. I know Glenn was cathering up his guts to tell me.

Then the next fatal blow hit me.....

"I got her pregnant," Glenn said. "She just called me. She is positive."

*pause*

Tears were falling from my eyes. Glenn continued on telling me he got the girl fromt he Philippines pregnant. He said it was the same girl who he cheated on me with last year. I asked him if he loved her. He answered "yeah, I guess." Supposedly, she was two weeks pregnant. Two weeks? Glenn was only int he Philippines for one month!? How can she be two weeks pregnant? I asked Glenn if they did "it" right away as soon as he got there. He denied that he did it a week after he got there. He said he was sorry. And that's all he kept saying. He said that he told his mom and his mom is not saying anything. He was crying and he said, "why is it when I messed up and no ones there for me, you're always the peson I run to?"

I don't know. His confession is probably the answer to all the debate of giving US a second chance or letting him go completely. Obviously I can't have him anymore. And of course, it hurts. I knew I had two choices: one, to get mad and cuss the sh*t out of him OR two, to talk to him nicely and tell him, "I am happy for him and if he needs a friend, I am here."

I choose two. I told him, I knew he wouldn't be able to justify all the things he did to me. But if he wants to know what I was thinking. Yes, it hurts a lot but I also said I forgave him. I forgave him for everything he has done to me. Adn I thanked him for loving me ONCE and for proving myself I am strong. I asked him what were his plans and if he was planning to marry her and all he said was " Yeah, I guess." I told him , I knew he's feeling so much guilt and I knew how his conscience is killing him but told him not to feel bad. That I would still be his best friend and vice versa. And lastly, that " I am happy for him. Congratulations."

He said,"You're crying..." I don't show him the side of me that's weak. This was probably the the first and last time. I told him that he doesn't have to worry about me because this is the last time I will cry for you and tomorrow is a new day. Like the rest of the times, I will move on. I told him to promise me I will always be his friend and assured him, I will be better and he needs not to worry. Maybe this is for the better. Everything happens for a reason and I am certain this has to have a purpose.

You may all say, I am such a martyr. I should have cust him out and made him feel bad. Will I feel justified if I did that? No....I am so sure he's feeling so bad about himself that I don't need to make it even worse. This guilt will be in him for the rest of his life. I want to leave him with good memories of me. I want to leave him knowing I was still the same person he fell in love with. I want to leave him knowing that I didn't messed up, he did. I want to leave him with a memento that I was a woman he will never ever have again but he should be thankful for that.

April 9, 2001
6:02 AM

Dear Glenn,

Yes, I am crying right now. I am crying because I am hurt. I am sure you know why. You just destroyed the pinch of heart I have left. But you know what, I will remain optimistic behind it. The truth is, I feel like you just shot me alive. But don't feel sorry. I am capable of getting out of this mess and misery.

You know what I feel for you. I still love you but it's the wrong feeling to feel now that you have found someone new and is pregnant of your baby. So eventually, I will let go of everything I feel for you. It's just a matter of time for the pain to subside and for the scars, the wounds, and my soul to heal.

Thank you for being the love of my life. Your memory will forever be engraved in my heart. I cherished all the time and the feelings shared. It was worth every minute.

Please take care of her and the baby. Keep in touch if you can. I am wtill your bestfriend...and I assure you I will be here. She need to not to worry about me. If she ask, tell her I am your bestfriend.

Goodbye, BE...this is the last time, you will hear me call you, BE. From this day forward, I will call you GLENN.

Thanks for the memories and the LOVE. Thank you for loving and for hurting me...perhaps for my betterment.

Forget me not.

Love,
Len







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
DISAPPOINTMENTSMy religion is such a huge part of ...
Maff and I just talked. I told her I miss Glenn. S...
SILENCECan you believe eversince Glenn came home f...
*zig* and my absence of hopeI got a letter from my...
The Tears Behind My EyesWhen I'm in a crowd, I am ...
While everyone is rushing to do the minicase book ...
zzzzNighty nite peeps. Nighty nite, GLENN...Nighty...
This tarnished SOULI crankcalled Glenn couple minu...
Sorry about my blog last night. It's quite a long ...
I'M IRRITATED


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES