rated H
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
rated H

it was hilarious and i couldn't help but giggled as i read it. it was from a magazine quote from D.H. Mondfluer and it stated,


"I hate being happy.
It pisses me off.
Because I know if I try to grab it,
it will slip away,
like one of those goddamn water snakes.
And I hate just looking. I always try to grab."

then i thought to myself, maybe, happiness is just there to grab and not to look for. sometimes, i think we are so ungrateful for the things, events, and people that makes us happy. the feeling of joy- its warmth and glory - it is often unnoticed.sometimes, we humans spin faster and faster in the pursuit of merely personal happiness. we become exhausted in the futile effort of chasing our selves just to feel what it's like to feel that bliss.

i feel that happiness always looks small while we hold it in our hands. but let it go, and only then when we learn at once how big and precious it was. so i figured, it would not hurt to follow oprah's suggestions to rate your happiness: one star for not so good and four stars for the happiest.
as i went about with my daily activities today and recalled the past weeks, i started smiling. and whew, i was happy. for instance, i walked ariel today for one hour, thanks for the half a tablet of darvocet - i was pain free, with my ipod blasting with madonna's "borderline," and all i could feel are the light breeze touching my face - FOUR STARS! ariel pooping on our neighbor's grass and me picking up the nasty poop - eww- not so good but deserving: HALF a star. making grilled cheese sandwich in the heat od the kitchen for my niece ischa and my nephew ichad and my good old homemade chocolate shake with lots of powdered godiva chocolate and watching them gulped it down like hungry cows happily: definitely FOUR STARS!

and so i go on some more, last night's free movie in the company of diane and lorenz - wow! THREE stars! making a fool out myself, cracking out my collection of jokes in front of my friends and watching them fall off their chairs - FOUR STARS. hearing mamu's version"visaya man gyud accent slash vakleta and veauty" voice on my cell leaving messages: FOUR STARS! finishing the twenty two episodes of the korean telenovela princess hours - phew! super duper long but yet, iloved it - THREE and a half stars. eating addictive korean barbeque at hodori with maffi - FOUR STARS! but not so fond of smelling like kimchi - ONE STAR. walking on the sands of redondo beach and shivering from the chilly sea breze with cousin aileen and friend da and ischa - always a relaxing place for me- FOUR STARS.

the food tripping was even a blooming burst of bliss. pastrami sandwich & cheese rolls at portos bakery: FOUR STARS! pho 36's house special vietnamese summer rolls: THREE STARS! annoying waited who liked da: ONE STAR okay...make it TWO STARS because he was annoyingly funny and i enjoyed out moment there. just now, i just got back from chinatown and their hot steam buns "ta si bao" (in chinese) were to die for! FOUR STARS!yummy!

i guess what i am aiming for is: live every moment and make it a happy moment. we often forget that happiness often sneaks in through a door we didn't know we left open. i realized we are so fond of counting our troubles, but we seldom or even never does not count our joys. but if we counted them up as we ought to, as you can tell from my ratings above, we would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.

so let yourself...BE HAPPY and RATE it. nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. and do not pretend either. for only if only we'd stop trying to be happy, we will realize we could have a pretty good time.so, try it and don't fake it -rated H as in H for H A P P I N E S S. let me know it it works out. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
BUS
TRANSPARENT: SEE IT THROUGH
BURN
SUBSTANCE
kami lamang
dear boy; HOW ARE U?
DATE NIGHT
party hardy
arena
spiritual reveries: H O P E


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES