spiritual reveries: H O P E
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
spiritual reveries: H O P E

here's the situation....

you have zero balance in your bank account.

your boyfriend cheated on you and left you.

your family is a mess.

your grades in school are going downward.

your jobs is like hell.

you're lonely and sad,

you're loveless,

you're moneyless,

you're hopeless....

but have you ever thought of other people's difficult struggles?

here we are, we're whining about money when other people are in the hospital just praying for another day to live?

here we are, we're crying about a guy who ran away and didn't love us back and there are people on the streets who can't even eat once a day?

here we are, we're bitchin' about our chaotic families but have we ever thought of the street children who just wants a family to call their own?

here we are, we're worried about getting good grades and getting decent paying job, and other people are dealing with the pains of losing a loved ones?

how selfish are we? how selfish that we just think about ourselves? how selfish are that we only worry about the clothes we wear, what restaurants to go to, what place to travel?

how do you tell people who struggle to find hope in a life filled with misery?

i cried today after reading an email of a person close to me who felt hopeless. i cried because i felt like i can't help her. last night before, i went to bed, i am sombered by a news of a girlfriend who told me the health condition of another girlfriend. i'm saddened by it becaused i know the signs and symptoms and the prognosis of that condition. just minutes ago, tears fell from my eyes again because i know another friend of mine is still constantly healing after a loss of a family member. and i asked myself, "how do i help her?" and i realized, i couldn't. she has to heal on her own...in the right time.

and i'm thinking of a jerk who broke my heart? i felt stupid.

SHAME ON ME.

and then out or nowhere, i found myself typing these verses to one of the people i mentioned above...

"they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles. they shall run and not be weary; they shall run and not faint." (isaiah 40:31)

"strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees."(isaiah 35:3)

"i will not leave you comfortless; i will come to you." (john 14:18)

that is all i can do. all i can do is pray for them...pray for life, pray for health, pray for healing, pray for HOPE.

in my difficult times, and when i am tired and weary, i always think of the wonders around me. and then i remind myself (the same way i ended my response to that lonesome email), as long as there is a sun that shines, as long as the wind blows, as long as the birds fly, as long as the rainbow comes after the rain, as long as my heart beats, and i breath...with all these every day blessings and miracles, and more....

i certainly believe there is H O P E.

when all is gone and out...

there will always be H O P E.

so keep praying for those who needs it.

but above all, keep believing.

PRAYER: Lord, when the our world is in gloom and we feel tired and weary, may we realize the miracles of your love for us. remind us that as long as there is a breath of life, then there will be hope. if there are trials and bad days, give us the perseverance to remember that "this, too, shall pass." sorry for our selfishness and forgive us for our shortcomings. i asked you this in your most precious name. AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
papa bear
gem stoneGEMSTONE
your pick!
mask
4 get me not
wallet
spiritual reveries (tagalog entry): I MISS YOU
RAINBOW
SERENITY PRAYER
spiritual reveries: PEDAL


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES