your pick!
Saturday, March 03, 2007
your pick!

two of my old girlfriends from high school recetly got engaged last february 14. three of my other guy friends married in 2006. now, i realized more than half of my friends are married. half are seriously taken. and a very few single, unmarried, unattached like me are left.

through all these ordeal, i am often confronted and bombarded with "when are you getting married?" questions by my family, friends and peers. and so often, i wished i had the answer to their querries. but i really don't. i feel like the man meant for me has not met me yet.

"what and who can he be?" they asked again. they blabbered about a man should have a sense of humor. they wished for me a man of having abilities to have courage, love, and forgiveness. even remarked the adjectives of consistent, generous, strong, responsible, and brave next to their names.

but how do we know that the men we meet have all these desirable qualities? do we always have to date and go out with a guy, have our hearts broken because we discover that the men we often seek are the opposite? these men put different faces for different people. men think they have to be all macho and pretend what they are not. i feel like, perhaps, there are better things to look for, things that can be noticed through any mask. so, who is real?

with all that noted, i decided to take a few things in consideration when choosing a mate who would define my "ideal man," in no particular order.

  • someone who love God with all his heart and soul. for without HIM, he is nothing to me. we are nothing.
  • someone who is a warrior of love - - - ready to fight for me even if it's against all odds. i will do the same for him. i'm tired of guys who can't stand up for his girl.
  • someone who my mother approves. she's a tough critic but heck, my mother knows best. he has to get along with my mom because my mom wants nothing but the best for me.
  • someone who is like my dad: generous (giving it all ), loving (my papa walks my mom to her car every night before she goes to work and kisses her good night), consistent (my papa takes my mom on weekly dates) and a great father ( my dad washed diapers, went to PTA meetings, cooked us breakfast ---all the motherly things, my father did that!)
  • someone who is not afraid to tell what is on his mind. someone who is not afraid to argue with me and admit he is sorry if he said or do something wrong.
  • someone who respects with mother and father and who adores his siblings and close to his extended family.
  • someone who will just be there....bring me lunch at work, walk my dog with me, sit with our foot tucked under the sand, watch a movie at home, lie right next to me all day on a saturday ---- someone who will make every excuse just to be with me.
  • someone who brave and is not afraid to try anything ---bunjee jumping, fast car driving, scuba diving, korean food, waxing (LOL), you name it. there's nothing so captivating than a man who is quite adventurous.
  • someone who is romantic --- dance in the rain, kiss in the middle of the street, write me love letters by hand...list can go on.
  • someone who can make me laugh and laugh with me.
  • someone who will hold my hand EVEN if we're eighty, old and gray.

my list is still work in progress. i'm sure i stil missed a lot of thing i'd want to enlist there. it can go on forever. while other seek for their perfect mate, the one who dreams of someone who never has a cloudy day, i strongly believe there is no such man.

i'm realistic. i know there is no such thing as the "the perfect man" just like there is no perfect woman. i don't want a man who just desires a perfect wife ---someone to cook, clean, do launry and look beautiful in his arms at his company's christmas parties.

i'm not hard to please. i might intimidate other gentleman because of my personality, my financial status, and my educational background. but if they took the time to get to know me, i am really just a simple girl who takes pleasure in simple things.

simply put, i want a man is committedly willing to be a husband. someone who will love me for being me, someone who will embrace my imperfections and who would have me other way.

but like i said, there is no such thing as "mr. perfect" whom i will check off every criteria i have on my list. but i am still secretly wishing there is who is perfect for me. and i'm praying i will meet him, "mr. the one." but i won't choose.

i know in my heart, mr right will come. so, maybe it's time to say, "God, i can't pick...YOU pick!"

i know you know better anyway.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
mask
4 get me not
wallet
spiritual reveries (tagalog entry): I MISS YOU
RAINBOW
SERENITY PRAYER
spiritual reveries: PEDAL
FIERY RAGE!
the girl in mr. glynn's homeroom class
my roots and wings


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES