my roots and wings
Saturday, February 17, 2007
my roots and wings

sometimes, i catch myself staring at my dad while he's watching television and i swear, i thought i saw another person who is close to my heart. maybe because this person looked a lot like my father: papa got his slanted eyes, his plastered smile, his balding hair line. not only did my father inherited his handsomely appearance, but my father also inherited his gentle and giving heart.

he's always had a way with people. people crowded his house for each and every town's concern: money, hospitalization, hunger, poverty, land...everything you can think of. but you never heard him complain. he loved helping them. he was destined to do that. it has became his life. all his life. he spent twenty five years serving his fellowmen as a politician. sometimes, giving everything he had only to help others.

he loved his children. i heard he was pretty damn strict. he never let my aunts get out of the house wearing short shorts or any trace of skin. he made sure the men of his family did their chores at the early rise of the sun. yet, he was a well provider. he even raised all his children alone at some point. all 10 of them plus 4 more after. even sending them to college.

but even greater, his granchildren were very dear to him. although his lifetime was placed in lime light, he preferred to have his grandkids be normal and have their own private individual lives. he loved having them over every weekends. he made them run around the his office and never scold them.

he has a study table filled with silver peso coins as he never carried coin in his pockets so he dumped them in his study table. these coins were them either given to the poor or when his grandchildren asked allowances for school.

he was cool sometimes yet oftenly strict.

he was loving, sometimes, too loving.

he supports independence, but he's also overprotective.

he was often misunderstood, but got along fine with everybody.

20 years after he passed away, he is still remembered.

in fact, they even named buildings, streets, establishments in his name.

but i remembered him most because...

he loved his people...

he died loving them too much.

he is adriano l. dela cruz

he is my father's father.

fondly called " LOLO ADRING."

and today is his birthday.

i just wanted to share his legacy. my vibrant personality, my love for people, my desire to share what i have to pther people, my love for the Lord and my family, was the roots he gave to my dad and is now passed on to me. i would not be who i am hadn't he planted the roots.

i remember him saying to me once, " the greatest thing you can give your children is roots and wings." well, lolo, you definitely gave me the roots...now, i am flying with one wings. than you for being such an inspiration. wherever you are, i know you're watching over us and guiding us. for this and more, i'm forever thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
THE BUTTERFLY
IPOD TRIPPING
my happiest valentine
TO LOVE AGAIN
Malungkot.Masaya.ManadawSaAkingAma.ManarindawSaAki...
life is.....
trial and error
I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
A CHANCE TO BREATH
brand new start


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES