DATE NIGHT
Sunday, March 18, 2007
DATE NIGHT

"have a great night and drive safely," i said to him, without looking him in the eye. i stepped out his car and i didn't even look back. i opened our front door and did not even look back..i did not even say goodbye.

i went out on another date with JL tonight. it's been past a year since the last one. he's been bugging me for months and out of pity, i finally agreed to go on a casual date tonight. in all honesty, i didn't even want to go out. i was trapped in another situation that instead of going to a place i didn't want to go, it was of a better choice that i go out with JL. and so i did. but i was okay with it at first, but as the night grew deeper, i felt awkward. by the time the night ended, i felt awful.

it's strange because we had so many things in common. for instance tonight, we were both wearing brown hoodies with a funky patterned engraved in our sweatshirts. we both like karaoke, panda express' orange chicken, starbucks' caramel macchiatto, city walk, and the list go on. we're in the nursing field, we're both religious. even at some point in our lives, we were physically attracted to each other ( i think he's still attracted to me).

he has always been amused of my clowny humor. even tonight, he never stopped laughing at my lame jokes. at one circumstance tonight, when he cracked his fortune cookie open, it even stated, "happiness is right next to you." and he looked at me smilingly, and read it aloud again. he mentioned i was the one making him happy. he uttered he loved being with me because i am fun and chatty. for about 8 years or so, we've always had chemistry.

but not tonight.

tonight, i found out that not because you have the same things in common, it means you can blend in easily with each other. not so. i discovered tonight that i am not attracted to guys who tries to like things i like. i am not into men who goes along with my flows of interests. i'm not feeling the type who attempts to please me because he thinks that's what i like so he pretends he likes it, too.

perhaps, there were other intriguing factors. it must be the way he asked me to go on another date in a dance club so "we can dance" and also so you can "lose weight" or when he commented that did not want any children in the future. it might be when he mentioned that who else will go for me int he next five years if i ended up going to med school (since i'll be "old" then). or was it how he is too confident about having such a great voice, so confident that he enlisted himself to audition to a filipino singing contest but when he blurted out a song, he was out of tune!? but i saved the best for last, he slipped that there was even a point in time when he thought he and "his cousin" (she's a family friend but they call each other, "cousins") almost ended up dating but it's just it was awkward then because they have always been family friend. why was it worse? she was the one hooking us up! trust me, i am just telling you the nice parts of the story.

i realized i wanted a man who is independent and unafraid to make his decisions for his woman ( i.e. place to go eat, movies to see...etc). i want someone who is not so like me: who can be different that our indifferences complement our personalities. i want someone who is spontaneous and unpredictable just does not ask me to go into dinner dates and movie nights all the time. i want someone who can surprise me, who can make me laugh ( and not just me busting out with all the jokes all the time), who will walk right next to me and not even say anything and yet, i will feel the butterflies in my stomach. i want someone who will NOT just tell things i want to hear but words that really comes from his heart and my heart will then skip a beat.

i want to fill the butterflies, i want to feel the fast heart beat, i want to have the sleepless nights, i want to experience the homesickness of hearing his voice or holding his hands, or his sarcastic ways of giving you pet names....

tonight, with JL, i felt empty. as in zirch, zit, nada, zero.

for right now, no more other dates with him. that's the reason why i didn't even look back when i bid him good night. i didn't even give him a hug.

i just don't want to pretend. i'd rather be alone and single BUT HONEST. i am not going to make him hope for something that is not there.

and that is why, for right now, this might be goodbye.

i'm back to square one of singlehood. and for the first time, i am enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
party hardy
arena
spiritual reveries: H O P E
papa bear
gem stoneGEMSTONE
your pick!
mask
4 get me not
wallet
spiritual reveries (tagalog entry): I MISS YOU


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES