normalcy long distance friendly mingle
Sunday, April 02, 2006
normalcy: long distance friendly mingle

couple days ago, i received a surprising text from maffia 20 minutes before 12 midnight. surprising because maff is know to be the "sleeping beauty"---this girl can snooze like there's no tomorrow. it's her favorite past time. strangely awake late at this time as she often hits the sack earlier than most of the old folks i know ( LOL around 7 - 8 pm, she's shuteyed in her siesta). but even more oddly, i was also awake considering i am on multiple dos eof narcotics and pain relievers and antibitotics. it seems that i am developing resistance to my meds.

in fact, i did not have the urge to tuck my ownself to bed. i'm submerged in the deep sea of the unwanted commotions unraveling in my head. it almost felt like i'm riding a rollercoaster heading its way to the abysmal beneaths of the ocean.the insomniac behavior is unexplainable. so after several nail pounding, nail breaking SMS/text exchanges, i decided i'd call maffi instead and save my newly polished nails for further damage (talk about vain!).

"hoy!!!!how come you're not sleeping yet?"

"you think i can sleep? i can't sleep. i'm too stressed out to sleep. i'm just goin' thorugh a lot"

"why nga?"

then being my best friend for 11 years now, i almost predicted what she was going to say. so she vents out her recent dilemmas and stresses to me. then we talk about everything---it's almost as if the whole universe is part of our world. we discussed everything from the growing alyssa, her chaotic family, my melodramatic family, our stressing concerns and demanding obligations with both our families, that lunatic "she-needs-psychotic-evaluation" landlord, our aspiring dreams, our annoyance with the envious family members and supposed "friends & acquiantances "we have( the super mayabang ones and the pretentious wanna be rich relatives out there) then our never ending lovelife and then of course, our converstions will not be complete with our detailed, gossipy , ever so hearty "tsimis."

we chatted and exchanged stories and problems for what seemed forever. knowing maff, she blabs to me until one of us falls asleep ..until i am able to keep one eye shut and one eye open --she thinks i am still awake. but this time, i was wide awake and so was she but really, we just did not have enough time to deliberate about everybody's matters and involvement. then maff realized we've been parleying bubbly for hours. she still have to wake up early in the morning for her 9 to 5 office job. and so i am left to force myself to sleep.

catching up with maffia and holding meaningfil dialogues only me and her can understand are one of the precious moments of my life. she's the only person in this world whom i can trash out the bizzarre comments and ghastly thoughts i have in my head and yet, she interprets it precisely like i do. no other human in this planet have that ability to grasp things and identify matters almost exactly like i do. maffi is gifted with that. sometimes, i truly feel that it's difficult for her to fathom my thoughts and emotions. but even if she does, she never shows it and she supports my battles with me all the way.

when i feel as if the world turns away and misunderstands me, when the people around me ignores what i feel and disregards my inportance in their lives, when i am left out and the door shuts me down, when i feel unattractive, when i am detached, when i feel abnormal...maffi brings back some normalcy. though we can't be together in the same place physically at the same time, i know having her on the other end of the phone like, listening emphathetically and perceptively to my outlandish and grotesque encounters brings back sanity in my insane peculiar environment.

for that, maff i am very grateful having such wonderful friend in you. you are the true definition of a best friend: someone who will never judge you no matter what people say about you and someone who will fight every battle with you even knowing that sometimes they will have bruises and sometimes they willfail...but she fight for you anyway. i love yah, girl. we will get through our rough times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
MIND BLOWER
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: BACKWARDS
breaths of life
YACKETY YACK
i finally found her again. i used to read her blog...
"BANG!BANG!"
"he"
signals: how to know if a guy likes you
WISHFUL THINKING
whole


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES