MIND BLOWER
Friday, March 31, 2006
MIND BLOWER

it's 2 am. i struggled to put my self to sleep, tossing and turning for hours now. but it seems that sleep will not invade me immediately this early morning. there are just too many disarrayed thoughts in my head. most of which concerns huge and difficult decisions i have to make in my life soon---sooner than i can ever wish for.


first,i'm dealing with family drama. that was not too surprising. for people who knows me and who are close to me, they knew that my family has been my first priority. i would give anything for them. i must have given half of my life to them including growing up to fast because i had to. but i'm encountering inside conflicts wit someone in my family. and it has been months. and i'm still deeply hurt with words that was thrown at me. as much as i want to heal that pain, i can not force it to mend on it own. only time can restore that broken ties and NOW is NOT that proper time.

that family conflict now leads me to second perplexed ponder for this break of day: GOING AWAY...very far away. it's been months. there were few people who i confided my near plans to (AB, maffia, "tears",charm, MOM & karing). i told them i'm going on a "personal leave" some sort of "sabbatical leave" from work to further "better myself." i have not really talked to my boss officially since i was and still am on "medical leave" from my broken foot. but i have certainly opened up about it for the people who are close to me.

truth is, it's hard. i don't know if this is the right thing for me. believe or not, i'v saved some money in the bank to what i was anticipating to be a down payment for a house near maffi ( my lovedone knows where that is) but it seems that that save money will now go to what i will call "personal leave." for the past weeks i am envisioning my plans, i have been contacting several possible destinations and living arrangements i will be going to. most of which i am waiting for a sure reply.

thirdly, i have another option. i am somewhat venturing out of my staff nurse job in a medical surgical floor into another career. but it's all in the plans. i am set to take essential educational opportunities in this area and for once in my life, i have only told three people about this new direction ( AB, MOM, & maffi - three of which i trust very well). i am crossing my finger. if this works out for me, i don't have to leave. it is such a great risk i am taking and i'm not even sure of the outcome but i am taking it anyway. life is about taking huge risks and tasks anyway and i would not know the results until i walk the path personally.

fourthly, the one thing that is scaring me the most is leaving all my loved ones behind. for the past years, i have survived being single. actually, i loved the freedom of being independent and single. but even just the thought of being away from my family and friends here in Los Angeles for a long and unpredictable time is not an easy linger to deal with. i hate how time is by far our biggest enemy. i hate it when time is not on my side.

but perhaps, this can be a time for my family to realized my importance to them. for all of my life, i worried about them: what they will eat, if my siblings have enough money to survive, what time will they go home, is my sisters okay, is papa's deicine enough, how is papa's blood sugar, i wonder if mama is working too muich this week, how is everyone at church, if the house is paid off, are the bills taken care off, who is picking up my niece and nephew from school, are the 16 hours overtime enough to pay off everything for the house this month and the extras. these are just a few of the things i think abotu everyday. honestly, i don't want to put this worries to my parents. they have had enough of their own through the years. but sometimes in order for us to be able to take car eof our loved ones, we must take good care of ourselves first.

lastly, i have to leave AB. when i talked to him about my approaching plans, he suddenly kept quiet. not so like the AB i know whose bubbly and funny when we talk. he asked me about my immediate plans. and i always refrain for an answer. insetad i change the topic. when i am infront of him, i put on the fascade that i am happy because i don't want to see sadness in his eyes. but when i talk about this going away plans with him on the phone, i sense his melancholic moods. and i tried to hard to hold the tears until i hung up. i wished he knew how much i loved him. i wish i can tell him that leaving him along wiht my family is the hardest thing i will probably ever do. if he really cares for me though, he will understand this longing. that's the only thing i am praying for.


once or twice a week, i find myself kneeled at the pews of st. basil's cathedral in wilshire. i often go there during the nonbusy quiet hours when there's one or two praying. i often sit myself either at the past rows of the first rows: last row when it's dark inthe back and first rows because no one else can see my tears. i always wear my darkest shades to hid my crying eyes. and there, i weep all my woes, give thanks for my loved ones and even the non so good things that happens in my life. i ask for forgiveness for my shortcomings and ask HIm to protect my family and friends. i pray for the ill and the hungry. i ask for guidance and directions of the right path. sometimes, i pray for me but rare. most of the time, i pray for all the people around me. during those times, i felt the ME was not necessary. never mind me...my problems are petty compared ot others.

but right at this very moment, at this break of dawn, i am asking the Lord to be with me...for i am praying for me. i am praying that HE gives me strenght to face the new days. i am praying that HE gives me AB in the end. i am praying that whatever decision i make soon is the correct decicion. i am praying that HE will lead me to the path HE chose for me---whatever it is. i am praying for HIS blessing and guidance. i am praying the HE will protect my family and friends. so Lord, be with me in my endeavors. Help me to find ME again. I aks you this in your most precious name. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: BACKWARDS
breaths of life
YACKETY YACK
i finally found her again. i used to read her blog...
"BANG!BANG!"
"he"
signals: how to know if a guy likes you
WISHFUL THINKING
whole
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: twenty dollars


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES