Friday, November 28, 2003
HAUNTED

i remember it so clearly. i came home from modesto. we were supposed to be together after the thanksgiving family dinners with our loved ones. but he never showed up nor did he even call. when i tried to reach him, no one could tell me where his whereabouts. he left me and did not tell me where was. i remembered so well. it was thanksgiving day and the year was 2001.

that he was ron, the cad who disabled me to love as wholly and as complete as i did before. he left me then. just when i thought i was over him, he came back to my life five months after that thanksgiving day. i drilled him with my unanswered querries. one by one, day after day, he told me what had happened. it was an inevitable mistake. he needed to be far from me due to other personal reasons.

i took him back. he provided me with fresh promises and diligent courtship. though we had to go through some distance, these were the times that i thought made our relationship stronger. i thought theni would be looking forward to having ron by my side after our struggle. and just when he came back again, he never spoke to me nor attempted to see me.

he then told all our friends, " i was all over him like a snake." at that time, that was the most painful part of all. to hear someoneyou thought loved say to his friends that he no longer had the same admiration to you and yet, when you are with him, he kept saying he loved you. i could not believe what i was hearing during those moments. so my best response the next day was to confront him about the torment and his delusions of telling everyone that i am the "snake" whose all over him was a complete lie. oh how he wished.

rigth then and there, i told him that from that day forward i would never want to any sort of connections with him. he asked is we can even be friends and i turned all of the offers down. i left . i left behind all the memories as well. i tried to burry al of it one by one. send back all the things he gave me. ALL OF IT. it was not helping me to see it with me. i never spoke nor see him. and i think even if i did run into him at that time, i will pretend i never knew him.

that was a year ago.

i heard he was with someone couple months after me. his friends called me and they told me that she was ruinign ron's life. even his mom and often and she would openly discuss with me how she wanted her son to be with me. i informed her i was with jason. and i am sure that news reached him.

i thought that will be the end of the len-ron love story. i tried to let everything go. every single memory with him i wished to erase. for every time, he crossed my mind, there was a pinch in my heart because he is the reason why i can no longer love like i used to. because he tore the entire me into debris and i am still putting myself back up until this very day.

then just when i thought he is out of my life........

last week, i started getting strange phonecalls and messages on my cell phone and my answering machine at home. my first gut told me it was ron. i think he was in trouble again. but i hesitated. but it kept giving me butterflies in my stomach. it was mixed emotions. i was scared and curious at the same time.

then last weekend, it was confirmed. IT IS RON. and just i confidently contemplated, he is in the same sink hole again. he was in the same position when he left me the first time. he is far again. and he is going through life changes again. and when he is in a difficult time, i am ALWAYS the first person he calls.

i spoke to his mom regarding his situation. and sometimes, he would talk to me about the girl he was supposedly with. but i discovered from him too that they were no longer an item. and he slipped when mentioned to me that the reason why they broke up was me: because she was intimidated of me. because she thought ron still wants to be with me.

my insomnia has occured again. i was very ill this week and yet, i maged to do days straight of 16 hours at work. and i am very sick ight now but i have been forcing to tire myself out just so i can sleep when i go home. but if you noticed, the time now is 4:49 in the morning.

all of the sudden, all my journal entries contained ron's name again. he calls me gazilion times a day AGAIN. for the first few days, i talked to him. then lately, i avoided his calls. i realized this was the asshole who broke not only my heart but the entire me. and despite the fact that i forgave him, i am and will be forever arnished of the immense hurt he caused me. he left me at my lowest point. he used me at the time he knew i was very gullible.

i have not spoke to him. talking to him brings back the twinge. i wanted to ask him a lot of things. i wanted to confront him more of the unsolved issues between us. but the truth is,i do not know how. and i am asking myself now, " for what? I am no longer with him." i am still undecided of what i will do next. i can make him feel the same pain he has caused me by turning away from him atthis down moment of his life. or i can be friends with him again which probably difficult to do. i am so confused.

i am not sure what the next days will be. i am sure i will have a difficult time sleeping. i am sure the pain will reoccur as i talk to him even more. and the hurtful memories will haunt me all over again. but i will try to cy it off. shrugged it off my shoulders.

but if there was one thing i have to give credit to ron was the lesson of strength. i read from somewhere before that " the hardest teacher is experience. because one have to go through it first before one gets the lesson. " ron taught me that "only the strong survives in this fucked up world." after he crippled my heart with his broken promises, this theory was proven. after that downfall he caused me, i emerge stronger and better than the evious me. and i owe this new found spirit and strenght from him breaking my heart.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
what is the color of love? for months, i kept my...
"please? take my name off your blog?," he asked f...
Surf's Up Life is like surfing the gigantic pipes...
concealed laceration i have not been eating. alwa...
romantic hibernation there was a story about gri...
"Yours were the hands" when i was a baby and mom ...
comments couple weeks ago, jason showed up in my ...
wimp did i tell you this week jayson ( the new k...
so one of my articles was published again at binib...
i remember my mom telling a story back in kinderga...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES