Monday, May 27, 2002
a slice of childhood memories

ten years. now, that's long. i just finished elementary and had just started freshman in high school in the philippines. i was 13 then. i must've spent 12 years of my life att school with them. and now, 23 years after, we are all matured and responsible professionals.

three weeks ago, my friend princess came to california from toronto, canada. we went to kindergarten until freshman year of high school together. we spent our summers together reading comics and magazines, talking and gossiping, gallabanting and whatever else. in short, we were pretty close. right after i left philippines, she left two years later to join her mother in canada. i had not seen her then.

in california, particularly here in los angeles, eloisa, one of my childhood friend ( i knew her since we were two years old) and a school mate, too joined princess ( who we picked up from bellflower) and i. we spent endless hours at starbucks at long beach town center just reminiscing about our past. we are so grown up now. it was already four in the morning and we still talked the night away.

the following morning was shopping day. first stop was at downtown los angeles inthe fashio district. then after we ate at max's restaurant in glendale. then headed to glendale galleria for some more. if that was not enough, we invaded burbank mall and the new burbank town center, north of los angeles, couple miles away fromt he warner brother studios. again, we found ourselves at a starbucks coffee.

three days after, chrislynn joined us, also from toronto. she was our school mate, too. she's married with a child now. together, at kojie's shabu-shabu/sushi bar in hollywood, we caught up on the past. who was married? who had kids? who 's this and that.... there were so many curious questions and piled up gossips. then we went to the citywalk at universal to do some bar hopping. funny, how eloi left her ID at home. and the bouncer asked for her age and not believe she was over 21. hahaha.

we ended up going to eloisa's place in southgate. once again, we had stockpiled stories to tell. the whole night was not enough. we drank liquor while we told stories. and more gossips, of course. who were our crushes? who was with who? who was the bad one? who was the quiet one? how were we like? we took a travel down to memory lane. and it was overwhelming.

the next day, a sunday, we decided, we not only need to feed on the gossips, we also need to have spiritual nourishments, so we went to crystal cathedral in orange county. then we went to long beach to eat at barrio fiesta. it was more on relaxing now. so we went to long beack by the coast to see the queen mary which also had the gay and lesbian parade ( pretty freaky!). there, while we walked on the sand on the sea shore, we caught with more stories.

we ended up cooking for dinner. we went to this filipino market at carson and we also stopped at jollibee for a quick zagu ( it's a boba drink). then headed to southgate. there, while we cooked dinner, more stories were told. we coudl not get enough of each other or of other things in life. it felt as if time was too short to catch up. i left early ....they ( cess and kruslynn) left to go to san francisco.

phew. some adventure.

oh yeah, we did flirt with soem guys, too. hahahha

how we were then and how we are all now. we all have gone a long journey. and the travel continues. but one things for sure, these friends of mines are precious and are to be kept. i made plans to visit canada sometime this year preferably the summer. i missed them already.

to eloisa, to cess and to kryslynn, thank you for my trip back to memory lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
i have tons of things to talk about. but i'll wait...
i'm hurt and i am upset. i got into a huge argume...
more. of.... "where's mickey?," i asked. " he was...
giving back to my community oh yeah, i did this t...
men blues man # 1 he called last night and asked...
harder than it is... he talked about the wedding:...
the ring my supervisor tony: she's coming today a...
pay - off 12 ( sometimes, up to 16 ) ho...
I submitted this article for some ezine which I wi...
wonderful? "someday, you'll make a beautiful and ...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES