Thursday, November 01, 2001
"tanging yaman"

translation (filipino [tagalog] to english)
tangi
-adj. - special, precious, only

yaman
-noun, -riches, wealth

i think i got one of the biggest news of my life this week. as i always say, my Lord works in mysterious waysi could not fully comprehend and grasp but i am really thankful.

the nursing school i previously applied for in los angeles called me back and asked me if i am interested to the remaining one spot they have left outofthree candidates qualified. wow. the same secretary, mila, who i used to bug and bother every chance i get at the nursing department, who was practically annoyed of my presence there, was the same person who wanted me in their well coveted,conservative, "hardto get in" and disciplined nursing program.

apparently, the only constant thing in life is chages. so life changes for me...AGAIN. i have roughly a month to finish all the courses i have here up north. i'll surely miss stockton. i was contemplating to just leave and everything but i mean, a month to spare is nothing. so i decided to stay.

when i broke the news to my cousin aileen, she got depressed. she kept saying how my being here eased her depression when her friends went away for college. and now, it has to start again. that my stay here gave her an "ate" ( big sister) figure, someone to go shopping with, clubbing, babe searching, whatever! i felt bad. of course, i'll miss her, too but i have to do this for my future. couz albert, on the other hand, kept asking me not to leave annoyingly. frequently asking, "why do you have to leave?" a thousand times when i already answered it more than a thousand times. auntie vicky is quite sad, too. though she doesn't say much, i know it was affecting her. i can see it in her eyes. nevertheless, she was happy for me.

i talked to my mother about it when i called her at work. for the first time, i heard my mom say, " congratulations, i am proud of you." odd, because despite of our casual disagreements, my mom loves me dearly and she shows it on her mean, straight and blank face, no emotion demeanor. but that's just how my mother is. my father is very glad i am sure. after all, he's going to have his little princess back in his castle. ( i am a poppa's girl, okay!?) my brother long had this weird intonation in his voice when i told him i was going back. maybe, that was his way of showing he was glad for me. besides, my baby brother complained that he's getting sick and tired of my brother long's "specialty dishes"---sardines and egg. [LOL}.

everything in life has its own purpose. there are things too difficult to understand. but nevertheless, whatever the outcome is, it should be a learning process. i read something in the bible before that, "everything has its own time" and so we must patiently wait. what was my reason of staying here? at first, it was mainly for educational enhancement purposes. then as days passed, it was more on the spiritual and emotional enhancement and reflection towards people around me. i missed my family terribly.there were nights when i would cry myself to sleep because i'm felt homesick. i reminisce times i share with them. it was killing me.

i did not have all the material wealth others have. for instance, my cousins here have every electronic device/games you can think of. i mean, almost all of the tangible things they wanted out of life, they have it (i.e luxury car...) my other cousins travelled all over the world to shop, for vacation(name it: paris, japan,hongkong...). as kids, they had all the fancy toys to play with. i had my siblings to play with.

i may not have all the material wealth. i do not have a luxury car, we didn't get fancy toys, brand name clothes, we didn't travel to paris, hongkong, tokyo....but i had been fortunate because i have an intact family. this is where i belong.... where sunday was a family day, where we eat together almost every dinner night, where i shared my cheap toys with my siblings, where my dad taught me how to ride a bike,play the piano, and our mom taught us how tosing ( we can sing acapella as agroup--i have the highest voice) and instilled the love for the Lord and respect for others, where my big sister bel used to braid my hair, and now i braid my little sister's hair, where i can play basket ball with both my brothers and beat them, or cruise around in los angeles with them and have fun, where my siblings and i would watch a movie together at the mall or spontaneously go to the amuesement parks, where we snuck out of the house 3 in the morningjust to get pho or play counter strike...........aaahhh...*sighs*

...there are so much to mention. these are only portions of my memories. these are my NON tangible wealth. something no one else have. i may not have all the riches in the world....but i have a family who is dear, god fearing, close, and TOGETHER. above all, they love me dearly. i can't ask for more. some people have all the millions worth of luxuries. i have a valued treasure of FAMILY that no money can pay. and my mom, my dad,my brother long, my sister kring, my baby brother LA, my big sister ATE bel, my nephew ichad and my niece ischa...they are my prized possesion. they are my and precious wealth.

they are my "TANGING YAMAN."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
ponder..... "what doesn't kill me makes me strong...
thank you, Lord. you arewonderful.
ponder...... "the turning point in the process of...
COGNIZANCE cog*ni*zance (noun) [Middle English co...
i will have the ....last laugh when life goes dow...
What do guys like??? Waht do girls like??? (adapte...
BITS AND PIECES **********************...
i'm missing RON. we've been dealing with a lot of ...
hello!!!! sorry for my long silence. i just need...
not our day at all.... too many things happened t...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES