Monday, October 01, 2001
not our day at all....

too many things happened today.

i wasn't able to talk to ron, i woke up late because i was awakeallnight waiting for him to call, and then my cousin aileen and i were stuck an hour anda half in traffic GOING to my school....because there was a goddamn accident on the 99 north freeway going to stockton, we decided to use a detour route on theside sreet withot any knwoledge of the downtown stockton area, adnthe we got lost, and then finally we were able to get to the 5 north freeway, thankgod, we remembered one freekin' landmarkin stockton---filipino plaza, and then on the 5 freeway, we drove 80 miles per hour, swiveling from one lane to the other, and then upon exiting, a crazy, lunatic,old man taxi driver merge unexpectedly to our lane which we almost hit by one freekin 'inch by the way, and so i honked the horn at him and he gives us a "middlefinger." what do i do? my blood was boiling and so i overtake him and get into stupid roadrage... . then finally, i got to school 15 minutes before the class ended and i had a freekin' exam i studied so hard for, i thought she wasn't going to let me take the test. thankgodagain, my teacher was so nice. i took the test and felt confident towards my answers.

so to relieve all these stress, my cousin and i decided to "relax" at the mall....and didn't noticed the time. then the cell phone started ringing....it was her parents. so we were panicking because they were bugging the hell out of us. we decided NOT to answer. and then they call...again, and again and again.

finally, we agreed on a white lie to tell them. and i decided to do the talking to my aunt, respectfully, and oh my gosh, she was yelling at me, too. she was asking me this and that. and uncle was yelling at me and screaming in the background. and then i was giving the cell phone to my cousin and she didn't even wanna hear it. aaaahhhrrr. i was irritated. i just told them we were on our way home and they need not to worry. what do they do? hun gup on me.

i was pissed already. and then going backto the freeway5 south ....there was another accident and the ramps were closed. so i called them again, and tell them about the situation and they were yelling at us. i asked if they knew of other detour from stockton and they weren't very helpful at all. what am i suppose to do? i do not know my way around this area. it's like being in a blindfold not knowing where to go. and then aileen decided she should talk to them. and all i overheard was, "stupid here, and stupid there" being said to her and it was obviously hurting her.

so we decided to stop to eat. and then i called ron and he,too, was nagging me. rrrr. more... and more...and then we finally hit the 5 and then we call them up updating them of our situation and gosh, my aunlce is so closed minded that he thinks i was making up the story that there was an accident. gosh,i even told them to watch the news or something...just so he cansee it for himself. but no, he insistedhe was right and i was lying to him. and auntie, on the other hand, didn;t care to listen to what we had to say and decided uncle was right.

on the way home, aileen tells me about her emotional and social relationship her parents and she said she had no emotional link to them whatsoever because they are so paranoid. then she discuss her problems...and grunges she was holding against her mom and dad and how she deals with all the painful words they say against her. and then i realized how lucky i am. she might have had every material things i wanted in life but i am so fortunate to have the most wonderful mom and dad who gave and showered me all the loving in the world. her life is filled with so many sad stories compared to mine.

on our way home, i thought about my siblings, how close we were, how my mom and dad spend quality time with us to go to church every sunday, to talk about certain thingsin life openly, how we have time to sit around a meal to eat and pray together, to gather around the family room, crack a joke and share a laughter or two, how my mother understand and TRIES to understand us, how my dad gives everything he has to give for us...

as we approached the drive way, we prepared ourselves for a long lecture, more yelling and sceaming.and then we got in. no words said. just angry faces ....looking and staring at us. rrr. it was irritating. and then auntie wants us to show our faces to uncle....for nothing.

i wasn't ready for more stress anyway. i am so drained out and to think ti was only monday and i had more drearing things to do for the rest of the week. i just wanted to lie in bed and lock myself up in the room.

so i entered my room. in my bed was a priority package from mom and my family in los angeles, consisting of review materials for my licensure exam. and a note that simply said, they missed me and they loved me. i went to the bathroom and i cried there. i missed them, too.

ahh. in this wrold were hate is everywhere, and we run obstacles that are too hard to handle, it felt goood to know that my parents and siblings are there and they loved me unconditionally. my Lord works in miraculous ways.

. i have forgotten how lucky i am .the note from my mother that simply stated, "love, Mama" reminded me that i am... especially today, i needed that . and what a comfort.

thank you, Lord...for my wonderful parents and siblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
first fight rrr. ron and i engaged into a major f...
mix thoughts and feelings missing: my ate bel and...
overcoming the tiring party weekend in los angeles...
home sweet home well, i am going home to los ange...
YES! I am going home to mah baby tomorrow! I can't...
Happy 18th birthday to my sister Noreene andcousin...
letter for ron note: i miss ron the most, though...
i was scrolling from theresa's blog... her cousin...
resource:cnn.com idea adopted from joyce: Chro...
AMERICA ATTACKED!!! yesterday, two jumbo jet airl...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES