Wednesday, August 08, 2001
APPRECIATING LIFE

i browsed through my emails and here is a forwarded email from my bestfriend maff. it has been there for weeks now and this was the only time i actually opened it. it was such an eye opener that i decided to post here in my blog. it made me realize that we need tough times in life to become stronger and braver individuals. most of the situations mentioned on this forwarded email, i have been through or still going through already. and there are more yet to come....but we should be ready. difficult moments and circumstances should not be a crumbling rock for us, we shoudl take is as stepping stones to progress. but it takes determination and requires a lot of patience. i am experiencing it now, and i do not expect things to be easy along the way, but i am a fighter and there are people like my betsfriend maff who fightf every battle with me. with my Lord by my side and my courage to face each and every battle, i can survive anything. tears at night, harsh words, broken words and promises, shattered heart, battered soul, sleepless nights, being put down by peopel i thought cared for me, working 16 hours just to give my siblings something to spend, even nothign for myself, studying until two in the morning and waking up at 5 am just to get to school on time, having only 5 dollards on my pocket to survive me a week, walking home alone, living alone, feeling alone, and more....these are the things that makes me appreciate life.

well, here's the email entry written by paul harvey. quite inspiring, must say. and i am sharing it with you. i hope it inspires you, too.

Paul Harvey Writes:

We tried so hard to make things better for our kids that wemade them worse.
For my grandchildren, I'd like better.

I'd really like for them to know about hand me down clothes
and homemade ice cream and leftover meat loaf sandwiches,
I really would.

I hope you learn humility by being humiliated, and that you learn honesty by being cheated.

I hope you learn to make your own bed and mow the lawn and wash the car.
And I really hope nobody gives you a brand new car when you are sixteen.

It will be good if at least one time you can see puppies born
and your old dog put to sleep.

I hope you get a black eye fighting for something you believe in,
I hope you have to share a bedroom with your younger brother.
And it's all right if you have to draw a line down the middle of the room,
but when he wants to crawl under the covers with you because he'sscared,
I hope you let him.

When you want to see a movie and your little brother wants to tag along,
I hope you'll let him.

I hope you have to walk uphill to school with your friends
and that you live in a town where you can do it safely.

On rainy dayswhen you have to catch a ride, I hope you don't ask your driver to drop you two blocks away
so you won't be seen riding with someone as uncool as your Mom.

If you want a slingshot, I hope your Dad teaches you how to make one instead of buying one.

I hope you learn to dig in the dirt and read books.

When you learn to use computers, I hope you also learn to add and subtract in your head.

I hope you get teased by your friends when you have your first crush on a girl,
and when you talk back to your mother that you learn what ivory soap tastes like.

May you skin your knee climbing a mountain,
burn your hand on a stove and stick your tongue on a frozen flagpole.

I don't care if you try a beer once, but I hope you don't like it.
And if a friend offers you dope or a joint, I hope you realize he is not your friend.

I sure hope you make time to sit on a porch with your Grandpa and go fishing with your Uncle.

May you feel sorrow at a funeral and joy during the holidays.

I hope your mother punishes you when you throw a baseball through your neighbour's window
and that she hugs you and kisses you at Christmas time when you give her a plaster mold of your hand.

These things I wish for you - tough times and disappointment,hard work and happiness.
To me, it's the only way to appreciate life.

Written with a pen. Sealed with a kiss. I'm here for you.
And if I die before you do, I'll go to heaven and wait for you.

....Paul Harvey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
thank you maff.... .........for always ALWAYS....b...
95% of men are......... i don't know if it's me b...
oh yeah, i have been on a high fever and coughs fo...
yes, i am again a year older and as expected, LONE...
oh yeah, happy birthday to me!!! thank you to all...
i was with francis..finally. there's a lot to say....
this entry is recopied from www.tearyeyes.diary-x....
clear thoughts yesterday, my best friend maffi an...
i have not talk to frank. i am feeling skeptical a...
jeopardizing? i miss him. i terribly miss him. wh...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES