THE TESTIMONY
Sunday, June 04, 2006
THE TESTIMONY

in the midst all of the chaos of packing all her stuff as they are moving into another house, she ran into her divorce papers and all other annulment documents. one of these papers was a written testimony from her best friend. it's been years since she took glance of those papers. nevermind the divorce and the annulment; but her friend's testimony brought tears to her eyes.

it was such a tearjerking tribute to her. her creative description not only touched her heart but touched her soul. in that written testimony, her friend alomost seemed to write her story: "a lady who got balls" is the best way to describe her. "she" was a everything rolled into one: a loving mother whose determination to give her child everthing is limitless, a hardworking individual trying to better herself each and every time whether it is her very demanding career or her busy studies, a selfless lover who gives it all when she loves, a concerned daughter and sibling whose love for her family continues despite all of it's dramas and challenges, above all, a true friend who fights for and with her friend no matter what the battle is.

reading that entry made her reevaluate herself. all these years passed by and yet, she feels as if she lost touched with that same person described in that musing. but reading her friend's entry brought her back to who she was: the strong one who is not going to back out on life's battles, the determined one who is ready to dream and achiever no matter how hard and how long it takes, the brave one who was ready to face the world no matter what the world throws at her, the martyr one who loves with all her heart and follows her heart regardless of what other people say.

after all the sun and storms, after all the tears and joys, after all the ups and downs of life's cycle, after all that she has been through: the ugly divorce, the dramas within family, her sacrifices to leave where she came from and to leave her lovedones there, her struggles to become someone....SHE'S STILL HERE....SURVIVING LIFE'S CHALLENGE one step at a time. she definitely made it through the rain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" We are pressed on every side by troubles. But we are not crushed and broken. We are perplxed but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down but God never abandons us. We can get knocked down but we will get up again and keep going..."
2 CORINTHIANS 4: 8-9

"....Count it all joys when you fall into various trials...."
JAMES 1: 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
spiritual reveries: WHO AM I
gratzi
araw gabi
FAREWELL BENJOCondolence to my girl, Rossini. I wi...
NIGHT SPOT
world with - OUT - u
one thing i hate the most are losers and liars!!! ...
sana
MY ROCK
HEARTS STILL WORKS


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES