MY ROCK
Sunday, May 14, 2006
MY ROCK

You instructed me to read my notes and books when I was in 1st grade. You emphasized that I made sure I knew it from cover to cover. Well, I browse through the pages and did not really read it. I didn't know you were going to quiz me after. I was pinched for every answer I got wrong when you tested me. I deserved that punishment since I did not do what I was supposed to do. But that day, I developed a love for reading. I made sure I read everything because I was afraid you'd test me again.

I tagged along with you at church. You used to sing a lot of church hymns. Sometimes, it was even in ilocano. You had the loudest soprano voice in the whole church. I just watched you vividly. You sang them with so much enthusiasm. It was beautiful. Now, I realized I am singing the same church songs with you.

At night at your father's house in Murong, Lolo (grand pa) always made sure we had a bible devotion before we even go to bed. When Lolo passed away, we had bible studies at the house and you made me memorize bible verses. You told me stories behind every verses I memorized. Now, as an adult, I am applying the verses you made me memorized.

You made me sing a song during family occasions. I was so embarrassed and shy. But you pushed me even sometimes I sang out of tune. You corrected my prounounciation and tone. You taught me how to do it right. No matter what, you were my number one fan and clapped the loudest in the audience whenever I sing. Even until now.

Every summer, I complained it seemed that I never had a real vacation. You made me take piano lessons, typing lessons, dancing lessons, karate, martial arts...anything just to keep me busy. You said I am lucky to be able to learn all the things you were enrolling me in. I was puzzled then. But now, how wonderful it is to still retain all those talents.

I was hospitalized at the hospital and you were the chief nurse. I was in the hospital for three months with asthma. I was so afraid to be left alone. I even hated the medicine and injections. I refused to get the injections unless you give it. You worked your entire graveyard shift at night and you stayed with me the whole day in the morning. When I was at home, you makde sure the oxygen was on me and that I could breath well. You slept right next to me until I can breath better.

When a guy first started courting me, you and papa used to guard the front door. When the guy decided to visit me, you come out of ytour bedroom every ten minutes to remind me it's getting late and I need to sleep. When papa and you dropped me off to the parties and you said my curfew was 12 midnight, you would show up at 11 pm while no one was even there.

When a guy breaks my heart, you were the first one to know. I don't know how you figure out each time. I tried to hid it all the time. But you just knew. I cried to you during those moments. You let me tell you my painful break ups. You reminded me that I should not cry because it's their loss. I deserve someone better.

With every achievements I recieved, you rejoiced in silence. Sometimes, I questioned that. But you often tell me that not because you do not show your emotions, it does not mean you are not proud of me. I remembered that night home when you were crying and then there you told me you were PROUD of me. Sometimes, you would leave me letters saying that, too.


You warned me abou the guys I dated...you always smell "something fishy"

You tell me when my nursing uniform is not properly ironed,

You refused to let us out of the house without eating a healthy breakfast,

You always tell me I shop too much and my bags are so expensive,

You still correct my grammar and pronounciation,

You're such a perfectionist!

and You're thje strictest one of them all.....

BUT

YOU ARE MY MOM.

My rock in every storm.
My worst critic.
My number one fan.
My guide.
My strenght.
My hero.


You are wonderful.

I LOVE YOU,

I will not change a thing about you.

I am what I am because of you.

I LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.

Happy MOther's Day, 'My

YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 31:10-12 and 25-31

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
HEARTS STILL WORKS
TOP TEN THINGS
one day
yakap
PROUD SISTER
i'm just caught up with a lot of important things....
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: TEA CUPupon entering an expens...
HENRY'S BLOG
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: My Attorney
texas ranger?


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES