Tuesday, April 11, 2006
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: TEA CUP

upon entering an expensive antique shop, a couple who were avid antique collectors, was automatically charmed by the well decorated ancient cup placed beautifully in the china cabinet. the tea cup was clearly a labour of love: it's uniquely molded handle was chaped like a half of a perfect heart, its brightly painted almost ivory background and painstakingly engraved gold colored etch brought so much exquisiteness. the elaborate artwork must have taken time to portray such elegance. it is not a surprise that this was such a prized collection.

as the couple gazed at the enamoured beauty of this tea cup, the tea cup started talking,

"did you know where i came from to get just to get this much attention from you? it was such a long journey to be the 'charmer' you're obsessing today. let me tell you the story..."


the tea cup continued on with his story...

once, i was a mirky, wet, sticky, soft earth that my potter found on the banks of a river. i was often called a mud. but my potter called a clay as he said i can be molded into any form and shape. but my potter put me through such a painful reincarnation.

first, with his bare hands, he twisted and turned me upside, downward. he platted, rounded, whittles me into various form and shapes. he pulled and tuggled me with a forming pin. he dismantled me and fitted me along with other pieces back together until i was in his desired form.

after that dismantling and putting together stage, then i asked him if pull and tug torture was over, and he smiled and he said, "NOT YET."

my potter then enclosed me in a brick stoned chamber of glowing heat. the fiery compartment was loaded with blazing charcoals. i was attacked with scorching flames. then even worse, the potted turned me in circles making sure i had equal amount seared burn in every angle. when i felt like i was hardening from the intensity of the inferno, Thank God, my potter finally took me out.

annoyed this time, i asked him again, i hope we're done now, that was too much. again, he replied simply, " NOT YET."

as my potter prepping some paint stuff, he let me cool down. and layed me in a dry airy surface. i could feel my whole body forming like a cement. but before that, i saw him getting a sharp chisel. i cried ouch as he gouge that chisel on my body and sculp leaflet incise all over me. he chipped, cleaved, sliced me and carved me on different areas of my exterior. i'm slowly guising into some odd contour.

again, i asked, " are we done?" but as always, he smiled again and, said, " NOT YET."

after all the sculpturing was done, my potter stood me up and started overlaying coats of almost white enamel on my dark surface. he brushed me up and down , sideways left and right with straight strokes. he then dried me up a little.

as the potter touched my skin, and it was dry, he started coating the other brush with a golden pigment. next he carefully doodle colors to chisseled leaflets parts of my body. he repeated this motion until all the carved drawings are filled with color. this brought out all the hewed outlining details he did earlier with the bladed chisel. lastly, he overlayed a clear plaster creating a stylish gloss.


i said to myself, i hope this is the last step so i asked my potter again, "is that it?" but no, he was not not done yet. as i expected, " NOT YET."

just when i thought my misery was over, my potter then loaded some more charcoal to the already heated chamber. this time, the combustion of flame is twice intensity from the first time. the rapid oxidation of the coals created an even hailing zeal of red fire. and i, i was placed enveloped by the burning element. my potter made sure that the i was circled by the scorching inferno. he said that this bombarding method of the flare will make my exterior stronger and it will make me withstand any weather. yeah, easy for him to say, he's not the one roasted in this hot spot hell.

again, he removed me from that blazing fire. and cooled me down again on the flat surface. this time my potter was getting ready to leave me there for days and i think even nights. yet, he made sure the chilly breeze porvided me enough ventilation.

my potter looked at me with so much accomplishment. his eyes stared at me with such gaze and pride as he left that night. i thought his mission was over and he quickly replied, "i know what you're going' to ask. NOT YET, we're not done yet. but please, just wait patiently, it will be over soon. but okay, i will give some deserved rest for now but i'll be back."

seven days later, my potter returned with obvious excitement. as he approached me, i noticed my maker was holding a clear varnished mixture. he then dipped a big brush into the transparent paint and slowly coating me with waxy stain. up and down ryhtmics of his wrist as he slapped the paint all over me. he mentioned this last ordeal will give me my needed elegance. and that this should outline my more refine gloss and shine. i just waited for him impatiently.

just as he did after he was done, he dried me again. but this time, he let me dry in the scorching heat of the sun. but he waited until all the gloss in my body dried off completely. finally, he picked up a mirror and for the first time, i saw how i look like. in such astonishment, i marvelled the same way you did when you first sae me. i could not believe i was that tea cup. i was just a mirky soiled mud before with no color. and now, i am a glossy beauty with radiant elegance. wow, my potter really did some serious metamorphosis on me. i never thought i would look and feel this good after that long, exhausting transformation.

that was hundred of years ago when my potter picked me up and wrapped my finished creation in a smooth cloth. my next appearance was when i was unwrapped as a gift for his wife. after that, i was passed to generation to the next until i was sold to this antique shop.

so that was the teacup's life story of evolution. sounded similar to human life's story of transformations? that was my reason of sharing it here.

sometimes our human lives needs tagging and pulling and reshaping in order to become better people. sometimes, we have to be chipped and chiselled to be form into our transforming shapes of our being. sometimes, we need to be painted with other shades than black to show our true beauty. sometimes, we have to be placed inside chambers of flames alongside the zealing charcoals and be burned with scorching heat to be stronger individuals inside and out.

sometimes, we have to let OUR POTTER'S hand mold us, create us, and carve us into apostles HE wants us to be. sometimes, we get impatient and we get anxious of what HE wants to do with us. but OUR POTTER is great that sometimes, He gives us time alone to just dry out and chill in the breeze. sometimes, if He does that, we feel that HE took us forgranted. sometimes, we feel that he's not hearing our prayers and kept telling us, NOT YET, but realized that OUR POTTER has a greater purpose. everything HE did to us to be reshaped to be what HE hope we can become has a reason.

so TRUST HIM. let HIM mold you, test your strengh in heat or left alone in cold. let him etch you and carve you. Because He has a greater plan for you. Because YOU are his greatest masterpiece. One that HE shows off with so much pride and accomplishment. IN HIS TIME, He will do this, IN HIS right TIME.

[Lord, let us savor the strenous story of the reincarnation of the mud to a clay to a beautiful tea cup. we realized that it was not such an easy change. Just like our life is filled with discomfort and change. But we trust YOU, LORD, that you do this because you made us and only you can chisel us to be better. So, i am giving you my life LOrd and all its glory. Reshape us and mold us, OH LOrd. Make us like the teacups you want us to be whose radiance and beauty even for a long time after, are admired and appreciated by others.Let us trust you, LOrd. Thank you for being my POTTER. Amen.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
HENRY'S BLOG
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: My Attorney
texas ranger?
JEALOUSY SEALOUSY
normalcy long distance friendly mingle
MIND BLOWER
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: BACKWARDS
breaths of life
YACKETY YACK
i finally found her again. i used to read her blog...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES