Sunday, April 20, 2003
revive

it felt like sunday school all over again. i remembered when i was a little girl how my mother dragged me to go to church so early so i can go to the sunday school where i learned the praise songs and we explored the meaning behind the verses of the bible. i can probably recall most of the bible verses because the deaconess ( our version of "nuns" in methodist faith) made me recite a new one each and every sunday. the only thing that was different was that the bible verses mean so much to me now than when i was a kid.

it was easter sunday today and my mom asked me to attend the service at the methodist church. it has been a while since i went to a methodist service ( my father is catholic and my mother is methodist---i practice both faith). it brought me back so many childhood memories. like today, i watched my mom sang with the choir like i used to. as usual, she sang louder than the rest of the choir and invited other members to join the next choir practice. i watched my dad watch my mom sing in amazement. he has always been my mom's biggets fan. and my brothers and i sat right next to each other while the pastor gave the sermon.

but this time, it was different. gone were the days when my siblings and i pretended to listen to the pastor's sermon and get on each other's nerves ( we always did that). today, we actually listened. the pastor talked about "reaction to His resurrection" referring to Christ. i believe that there is someone called our savior. it might be different from different religion and i respect that. but there is someone we confer our spirituality to. and today, i felt that i conferred my sipritual bond with that savior once again. in the christian faith, it is Jesus Christ: the one who suffered, died for our sins, and today, at easter, he rose again.

like his resurrection, i am also reviving my spirit. the sermon discussed about easter being a new beginning for christians. this meant coming out clean, repenting the sins committed, and going back to Him as he resurrected. i want to engage my self to actually begin again. as a stat, i sent ron a sorry and thank you card this week and actually offered a friendship. i told him i have forgiven him for everything. i think it is time to let the pain go, come clean and start a new. he has not responded but at least, on my part, the burden is getting lighter. and to HIm, i poured out the emotional roller coaster that has been bothering me all these times. and i can honestly say, i feel a lot better.

sometimes it takes little moments to get the courage to start again. every year, i go to this cycle. sometimes it is the beginning of the year, or christmas time. but this year, it is easter. i have not had the will to hope because my soul was tranishedly torn into debris. when i sang this him today ( i used to sing it when i was young) it stated, "let the pain go and think about a new tomorrow." i realized how selfish i was to succomb my problems inside when i can let it out in my silent cries and prayers.

sometimes, people and events push your emotional and spiritual self to the ground. and as always, the most difficult part is getting up on your feet. i have been experiencing that since the approach of 2003. i realized, yes, perhaps, i met my spiritual self again. and that there is a savior, and perhaps He was talking to me today because through the sermon, my crying heart heard HIM. perhaps, today, he reminded me that it was okay to cry and it was okay to let go. but above all, it was okay to start again.

happy easter everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
uncontrolled i miss that feeling. that feeling....
beyond boundaries i send a package for maffi and ...
conceal ME "don't say anything," this has been my...
rea-war-ction: tomorrow? read these: war in baghd...
salad bowl i have embraced silence lately. it was...
he loved me... he remarked, " i was like a jewel ...
LOVE?? i was talking to nicky ( ron's friend's gi...
UPDATES THIS WAS PUBLISHED!!! CHECK IT OUT HERE!...
there has been silence in my life. some, i kept. ...
i'm not over him. i miss him... gosh, how much ...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES