Wednesday, November 07, 2001
incoherent blahs...random quests...still seeking for answers...ahhh however and whatever you wanna take it!

rrrr. i'm irritated. i have been irritated. there's so much things i need to solve. some things i can't mention here and would rather leave it confidential. but the ones i can discuss, i will talk about now.

*scenario 1*

motherly concern?

what would you do ifyour mom found out that you are with someone and you never told her and now, she confronts you to tell the truth (and you want to) but you are not quite ready for it? well, that's what happened to me. my strict, overprotective mother asked me who is this "supportive boyfriend" my auntie lu talked about?

for a minute, i was contemplating whether i should completely deny ron or just tell her what's really going on. let's say, i don't tell her. i knwo for sure i willbe accuse of lying. and plus, she already found out anyway because my aunt who i thought can keep her mouth close just burned me out. i will be yelled at. and if i do tell her, she will confront me with open ended questions that will require extensive anwers.

well, i told her the truth. and yep, i was right. i was attacked, more like, i was bombarded with questions like, "how did you meet him?, " "is he filipino?," "does he go to college?," "what is he taking?,"" how is his family?" rrr. just plain irky. so i go into details answering, "his name is ron, i met him from a friend in school, he's korean, he goes to college majoring in criminal law (she asked,"what is criminal law?"), he wants to be a lawyer, his mom is a registered nurse" and so forth and so on.

then she goes further, " are you sure he loves you?" " how do you know?" " are you sure he's serious?" "are you just using him for a rebound?" "whatever happen to glenn, that guy from hawaii? what about mickey, who's ben? who's steve?" "is this guy, what's his face, ron, the reason why you are going back here in los angeles?"

as you see...it's getting annoying. well, i answered politely and inform her all the things she needs to know. but ahh..it hasn't stop. good thing it was getting late at night so i had to go. but i bet cha she will put meon check. i am sure she will bug me to meet ron so she can "check " him out and "interview" (actually, grillhim!!!, ron calls it, "electric chair") him herself.

which brings me to ...

*scenario 2*

boyfriend fright...scared or too macho to admit it?

after not being able to talk to ron for a long time ( a week), i told him about this situation with my momma. and he starts freakin' out. now, he told me to convince my mom not to call his house, or why did i tell my mom?or to make up some other excuse....so he can't be confronted...because according to him,"it's my mom" (referring to me) that we are talking about.

what?! i explained that this was a circumstance beyond my control. and that if by any chance, my mother decides it was time to get to know him, then i have no control over it. i cautioned him to prepare himself for big time grilling and that to remind him that my mother is actually nice (to other people....not me...LOL) as long as he is polite and as long as he is himself.

well, out conversation is cut off because ron's brother just came home and ron is suppose to be "grounded." so i have yet to concluse this story.

*scenario 3*

insecure wife, marriage with no trust.

rememebr my friend lance whom i mentioned on my previos entries just thsi month? well, his wife..or the mother of his kids called me, yelling hysterically, assuming (not even asking if i was or not) i was lance's "other girl." i swear she is a freak. i mean she is 26 or 27 years old and she acted like a 13 years old screaming on top ofher lungs asking me who the hell i was andto stop calling lance.

well, what did i do? i told her that first and for all, if she was going to talk to me, she needed to calm down and lower her tone of voice. then i said i am lance's best friend from way back in high shool...even before he knew you. in fact, i was also the same homegirl who advised lance to get back to her sorry rear and be the father of the their baby. and that also i was NEVER interested with lance and if i was, i would been with him a long time ago.

the onlyreason why i called lance back was because he left me a message onmy cellphone and to call him back on his cellphone.in that message, i mentioned the phrases, "okay then, take good care of your kids and your wife.be responsible. god bless." now tell me, is that a message meant to annoy her ?or imply that i like lance? or to ruin their marriage?

she went off and continued yelling, " i don't care. you can't call lance. he can't have friends because i don't have friends. how would i know who is telling the truth? he cheated on me before. we have kids now. we are married.what ifyour boyfriend did this to you? what wouldyou feel if you heard a girl's message on your bf'scellphone? wouldn't you react the same way? "

i understood where she was coming from. i know they have issues but i uttered back that whatever problems they have right now, i have nothing to do with it. it was something between them two. it is a matter of trust. why woudlyou marry someone if you do nto completely trust him.and withmyboyfriendron, if this was our case, i willcheckallmy facts and dats first before i can react. but i truly trust my boyfriend. it is something i strongly establish before i even get into a relationship. i will handle the confrontation in a manner that is calm and not angry so i can also get decent answers.

well, she is a psychotic lunatic that she never heard what i said. she insisted she was right. so what do i do? i told her that i demand an apology for the harsh things she mentioned about me. i will hung up the phone and that that will be the last time i will call. and if they are planning to call me back, it better be an apology phonecall. otherwise, i am not tolerating any of these problems. i also metioned that this isn't my problem. they need to work on themselves as a couple, to trust, to communicate more. and also her lack of self esteem. she needs to get rid of her insecurities. and to not project her anger towards her marriage and towards lance to other innocent people like she did to me.

i ended the conversation with a punch and told her that i am not going down her level, because i understand what she is going through but do nto blame all your frustrations on me. i will nont curse or badmouth her, because i know better than that. i am well educated, i was raised with heightened morals and values by my parents who also taught me to treat others with great respect and interferring one's marriage life was not even listedin my to do list. with that said, i advise her to work on herself and to work on her marriage. otherwise, their marriage willgo down the drain.

she was still yelling, so my last gesture was, "have a very nice night." and i hung up on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
something sweet ron did for me today.... ron has ...
TIME.... "Everything in earth has its own time a...
"tanging yaman" translation (filipino [tagalog] ...
ponder..... "what doesn't kill me makes me strong...
thank you, Lord. you arewonderful.
ponder...... "the turning point in the process of...
COGNIZANCE cog*ni*zance (noun) [Middle English co...
i will have the ....last laugh when life goes dow...
What do guys like??? Waht do girls like??? (adapte...
BITS AND PIECES **********************...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES