Friday, August 10, 2001
" i still LOVE you..."

after three weeks of not talking to glenn, he caught me at home last night. he blurted, " what's up stranger?" he always says that every time i have not communicated with him for a long time. previously, i talked to him about F and ron...how life has been smoothly flowing for me and how i am recently dating again and liking "other people beside him" again.

the entire time, he kept asking how i was and how everything was doing. and i said i have been juggling through busy schedule and seeking time for my social life as well but as usual, the demand of my life's priorities such as school, work, and family and "searching for that someone special" (who i think i found by the way...) are takign up 99 percent of my time. and he said, he, too, is working 12 hour shifts lately and working 6 days a week. i said that he is divertign his time productively through work. besides, he will be a father soon ( the girl he got pregnant from the philippines is due on october) and he needs sufficient enough cash to support himself, his mom, and now the girl and the approaching baby. and i rambled about all my escapades from tha past month with my cousins, friends, and "men."

but oddly, glenn seemed so different. i mean, for so long, he has not cared what i have been doing. most of the time, he;d tell me things about "her" (the girl from PI) and tha parties he'd been going to or girls who have been flirting with him. and while i bugged him if he loved me,had slight feelings for me or even cared a bit, he'd never answer my questions. he would leave me clueless with his emotions. all all this time, i hurt.

and then through my rambling, he said it, "i still love you, len. i am in pain when i hear you talk about these guys around you. there was no day i do not think of you. it hurts missing you." for months, i have annoyed him, asked him what he felt for me and i never got any response.

when he first cheated on my with donna, all i can do was turn my back, cried and i said i was happy for him. when i gave us a chance to start all over again because i thought i just can't drain 4 years together, but what did he do? he went to philippines, slept with a barrio girl and eventually got her pregnant. and all i can do all this time was cry. i have wasted so many tears sobbing for him, i went through a long period of depression ( which still haunts me every once in a while), the millions nights i could not sleep because i thought of him, it not only affected my physical well being (depression, not eating or eating more, insomnia) but it drained my mental capacity (can't focus, can't function normally at school, work..anywhere), and it totally damaged my emotional stability (i'd cry all night long...and hide it to myself).

and now he tells me, he loved me? and that he is in pain? the torture he has put me through was so immense i had to learn how to get up on my own. i had to accept that he did not loved me and he loved someone new and now, he's whining about pain. what pain? he calls my "discovering myself again" and my drive to fly again and my capability of "getting my wings back" to be what i should and become who i should have been, putting him to "misery", "hurting him," and of all words, "PAIN?"

what gives him the right to tell me he was in pain? he stabbed me a million times emotionally, he took my wings away, he paralyzed my self esteem which i am still working at right now, he filled me with this fear to love again that i am stil trying to get rid of right now, he practically killed my soul alive. i thought i was only functioning in this world because i need to. my physical sense of self was livign because i needed to for my family because they need me but glenn put my soul to grave long time ago.

now, that someone (R) is making me feel alive again, is putting the colors back to my rainbow, is inspiring me to fly again, is helping me conquer my fears and achieve my goals, is rejuvenating the soul glenn once killed, is teaching to love again and be myself again, glenn will tell me it is hurting him. how selfish can he be? when i was in my miserable moments, he was nowhere to be found. he had not gave me a time of day. and now, that i am finally finding true happiness through someone else, the one thing i want him to do for me is be happy that someone is filling up his mistakes and making it right.

part of me was glad that glenn finally opened up about his feelings. but a huge part of me was in fury. besides, it was too late for him to tell he loved me and that he was in pain. i had just recently discovered i am can survive without him. that i was strong. and i have him to thank for this newly found strength. i had the choice of making him feel what an idiot he was, to make him realize what pain he has enveloped me through, to tell him what a loser he was...but i could not.

after all, he was a huge portion of who i am today.and we did share memories together. that if someday, if anyone asked me who was the person i remembered the most from my past, glenn would be number one on my list. more to that, glenn will remain my bestfriend. i have told him things nobody knew about me and viceversa. we will always have that bond. in short, he will always be special and it was not worth saying words to hurt him. i told him i am not leaving. that if he needed to talk to me, i am still here listening and comforting him. it's just we can't be what we once were. it's a chapter in our book we must close now and create a new page with a new story. he said i can't judge the future for what it has planned for me and him. and i said, then let it be. he was unhappy, i can sense that. so before i further say something that might hurt him, i decided i must go.

but before i hung up, i asked him, " glenn, if you said you still loved me, and you're in pain when i'm with someone else, why did it took all these to happen before you even tell me what you feel? how can you LOVE someone so much when you hurt, made her cry, pushed away that someone from you once....? ( me!!!!).

i waited for an answer. there was dead silence. i knew i must go...for i will never get the answer.

*glenn, thanks for loving me once. i will always care for you...it's just it will never be the same way i did before. can you just be at least be happy for me the same way i accepted i can't be yours anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
i've been trying to thinkof a song for me...and al...
APPRECIATING LIFE i browsed through my emails and...
thank you maff.... .........for always ALWAYS....b...
95% of men are......... i don't know if it's me b...
oh yeah, i have been on a high fever and coughs fo...
yes, i am again a year older and as expected, LONE...
oh yeah, happy birthday to me!!! thank you to all...
i was with francis..finally. there's a lot to say....
this entry is recopied from www.tearyeyes.diary-x....
clear thoughts yesterday, my best friend maffi an...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES