Monday, August 13, 2001
bruiseless

(dedicated to someone very close to me. ate, this one's for you).

then there you are...now, a loving and a patient mother to your brilliant children, a great provider and a n intelligent grown woman who have passion for her profession...super woman, i may say, for tacklign all these responsibilties alone. i know you tried your best to be the best wife but it's not your fault why you can not have everything in life. obviously, there are many reasons. and you are not to be blame.

then i saw your bruises. red, purplish, almost dark colored bruises...all over your arm, perhaps, all over your body. i asked you several times,
"what's that?" and you would respond, " oh, richard was grabbing me. it's nothing." i see the bruises and the old scars... and i hurt. i am in pain vbecause you are special to me and he's hurting you...even more. i can't stand seeing you in this pain. i stared at your eyes as you continue to act dumb and defend "him." but you avoided my stares.

and you, richard, ahh, you are such an pathetic asshole. you uttered you can't be with her too long and yet , when your friends, your frat brothers, your co-workers would call, you would leave immediately and drink the night away with them. you complain you can't spend one hour of quality time with "her" and yet, ironically, you can spend hours beating up someone who is evidently weaker than you until she is helpless and filled with contusions. and when she begs you to stop, as coward as you are, you continue to not only fill her with more physical scars but emotional damage as well

what did she ever do to you? she has been wonderful to you. for twelve years, she has been faithful to you. she gave up the opportunity to live in america just for you. she worked endless hours here in the states, doing laborious hours of work just so you can finish college. she left her parents and siblings just so she can be with you. when she was pregnant, you cheate don her and she forgave you. she went through mental and emotional stress while she was pregnant. for nine months, she handled it on her own. she had her first baby and you were not there right her by her side even during her painstaking labor. now, she became the mother to your children, working 12 hours everyday and yet, provide enough time and caring for her family and yet, you never spare her a moment. with just little things, you lambasted and injured her inside and out. and yet, she remained tolerable to your beatings. she chose to keep quiet just so you can "look good" to the people around you. she disregarded her own pain, her sacrifices just for her family.

and the kids. there's that trauma in them. everytime, while you and her engaged into an argument or a fight, i see the innocent little boy hiding under the table...in the closet, or somewhere..anywhwere....just so he can't see you arguing. and the little girl, keeps crying...not knowing what to do. at such a young age, these children witnessed the unexplainable hatred, the battered mom, the cruelty from their dad. if only i can erase these memories of harshness in their eyes. it is emotionally and mentally damaging...especially that these children are tainted with colors of hate and seeing "hitting someone" seems "normal." this image will forever be marked in their minds...and i don't wnat that to happen. no, not to them. they have other things to worry about. they need to enjoy life, experience what it is like to be a kid...playing, ice cream, be loved...and taken care of but not violence. they do not need to witness the uproar of fury that you divert to their mother.

i read your letter today. word by word i read your letter. i read it twoce or even more. you mentioned you are finally leaving him. "YES." i said. seven years of torture has coem to an end. i am glad you are leaving his loser ass. it will be rough for the kids, as they adjust life without a father. it will be severely heavy on you as you carry the burden in fulfulling both roles of a mother and a father to them, supporting them financially, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. it will be extremely difficult for you to face each and every day being a single mom, and at the same time, being the provider, the explainer, the listener, the strength and the "light" and the "wall" of your home.

but nevertheless, i am so proud of you. it takes gigantic amount of guts to make this decision. for so many years, you were blind to his incapabilities as a partner and a father. you assumed he loved you that is why he was beating you. you blamed you deserved the scars because you weren't good enough as a mother and a wife to him and your children. you thought there was room for him to change because there were certain times he'd sayhe loved you. you said he loved you while the following days, he would pound and maul you to the floor, leaving you with black eyes and black scars... and he creates more deeper wound in your life. i am glad you finally had the courage and bravery to say, " this has got to stop. the torment is over. for my kids' sake."

it will not be easy along the way. but i will help you the most i can. i'll be here to help you no matter what, to let my little angels grow up in an environment that's healthy and loving and not with scars, bruises, and harm.

it is difficult to leave. but it's better for you to be alone and bruiseless rather than having him there and you are covered with bruises. i don't want to see that way. you are more than that. i admire you for the woman you are. just know, at all times, i am here for you and the children. who else will help out each other but us.?

i am here for you always. why wouldn't i be? i am your sister and i care for you deeply.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
i'm too lazy to post. but here's another one of my...
fear love? my previous entries dealt with my imme...
for the first time, R told me he loved me. i didn'...
" i still LOVE you..." after three weeks of not t...
i've been trying to thinkof a song for me...and al...
APPRECIATING LIFE i browsed through my emails and...
thank you maff.... .........for always ALWAYS....b...
95% of men are......... i don't know if it's me b...
oh yeah, i have been on a high fever and coughs fo...
yes, i am again a year older and as expected, LONE...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES