existence
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
before i went on hibernation last weekend, i squeezed in a lunch date with sexy sini during her lunch break. let me remind everyone i haven't had any meat in my body in months after deciding to be low carb, partial vegetarian! so i begged sini to go to a sushi bar just so i can have sushi or some kind of fish. well, so we both ordered a bento tray and a generous sushi selection ( i did not finish any of the sushi - i had one or two of each and i was about to puke my brains out).

in that intersection of hollywood boulevard and vermont avenue, for her one hour lunch break, we shared endless laughters and memorable conversations of love, life and friendships. even squeezed in a little shopping for a necklace. it's been 15 years since i knew her and not a single thing change.


[sushi selection]

[japanese bento tray]

weekend came and i, i sort of, well, i went into hiding...except that i did spend some time with people from church to go watch the pacquiao-barrera fight. i lost my voice screaming my butt off that night.

determined, after that, i ditched my regular "saturday-night-gimikera-party-gal" image to "i-will-be-low-profile-&i'll-be-off-someWHERE-tranquilizing" to unstress my weary mind, body and soul. with cellphones turned off and ipod blasting in my car, i just drove off.

and there, at that undisclosed location, i attempted to rejuvenate my eahausted self from the cares of the world. and it has never been more filling to just enjoy such animosity.

when i opened my quiet cell as monday morning approached, it was overflowing with voice messages and gazillion texts..most of which i deleted. i filtered the messages and selected only a very few for a call back. well, in fact, i only called one person, kuya arthur because i knew he needed me after leaving me array of detailed texts and voice messages ( take note: he often leaves me just one message so i knew it was an emergency situation).

it turned out i was right. upon meeting him, we dived into discussing his problems. we figured out some kind of solution to his dilemma. knowing him when he's stressed out, he always asked me to eat out after. i think that was his own way of destressing himself. as always, he made to decide where to eat out. and we ended up here.

[korean barbeque and the generous "bancha" - appetizer]

["galbi" - marinated beef on the grill]

being partial vegetarian, i declined on the fat slabs of korean steaks (although, i was itching to try it. ) i ordered their vegetarian "bibimbap" ( with mushroom, spinach, bean sprouts, carrots, bean jelly, spinach and dried nori flakes on a bed -" furikake" in japanese on abed of sticky rice - i had three big bites of the rice and that was it!) but they still had some chopped beef on my clay bowl. so i just took it out.
while i watched kuya enjoy his thrid korean barbeque meal with me, he gave me a lecture why i'm so crazy, not showing my face, not returning his calls, and now, not eating meat at all..(that's his typical self ---lecture here and there...) and i just gobbled up on my freshly made bibimbap, green salad with peacan, and fried tofu (my version of meat for three months now).

[korean BIBIMBAP]

[FRIED TOFU]




[green salad with peacans]

but beyond the great food, i'm grateful for the gracious company of my friends who constantly worry about me. they knew me so well that when i decided i would be "gone" for couple for days, they talked among themselves who was going to take me out on what day JUST because...i knew also that they thought i was probably in surgery to be that awfully quiet and distant.

people asked me where do i obtain my amazing strength. well, of course, my faith allows me to replenish strength when i'm weary. but my family and friends multiplies that God given courage when they are with me and believing in me. and this difficult path to battling life has been triumphant for me because i am surrounded with amazing people who refuse to give me up especially on the most challenging, mind boggling stage of healing.

i am humbly appeciative.

i realized, i'm so fortunate.

thankful that i am super blessed.

i exist...i am here..

i will live and enjoy each day of life...for them.

they make it worth living.

Labels: , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
INDOLENCE
2252
SOMEDAY...my prince will come
ginhawa
dear boy....
UNSENT: flower giver
STRENGTH
LOVE LINES....
daggers in my heart
tinik


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES