Wednesday, August 22, 2001
bmother's love

my relationship with my mother is a like a roller coaster. at one moment, we are getting along really fine, i would tell her everything, and she would do the same....and then at the peak of it all, we will get on each other's nerve and we would exchange harshly said words to each other and eventually hurt each other. we would both cry and not talk for days. then after every words and drama sinks in and drains out, we start talking again as if nothing happened and we would go on our normal daily lives.

that was the case today....AGAIN! first, mama grew impatient because she kept telling i have no plans for my life and that i wait until the last minute to strive for my goals. and i would defend that my goals doesn't depend solely on me. i did what was required for me to do and it was up to the school to accept me or not. anywayz, the argument went on and on. she said i never gave her my grades and that what if i was lying to her that i have been getting grades. so what i did was, i went online and got my grades from my school online and obtained the grades right away and printed it out and gave it to her. she saw that i am a dean's scholarship awardee, i have a 4.0 average and i am excelling at all my educational endeavors. and then she shuts up and sarcastically comments, " i would keep this for my records."

i don't know. a lot of people said my parents especially my mother, has done a very good job at raising me to be the adult i am now. well, my mommy and my papa are the complete opposite. while popeye( my dad) is lenient and cool, my mama is strict and always checking up on me. together, they share the success of my upbringing. mom thinks i am so much like dad, so carefree and generous. my siblings said, i am strict to them like mom.

last night, kuya salde ( my cousins from new york) told me i shoudl be thankful she is my mom. i am. i think i am very fortunate that my mother worked so hard to give me and my siblings the best things in life. it's just sometimes, she can't wait. i mean, she's growing so impatient at things in life when these things require a lot of waiting and she needs to be patient. whatever i am doing with my life right now, it is for her, my dad, my siblings, and my kins. i am what i am now because of her and papa. and i do what i do now to be able to give them the same love and care they gave and showed to me.

all these things i am gong through with my mom are the inspiration why i want so much to succeed in life. i learned from papa the importance of generosity, kindness, and time. while mother taught me the lessons of hard work, discipline, and determination. my mother taught me that nothing comes in life easy. that i have to work diligently ,industriously, and consistently for it. she engraved in me the faith in the Lord and the ideals that if i worked for my goals and gave it my best, the Lord will take care of the rest. she instilled in me that i don't have to be the best instead, i just have to TRY my very best.

is this mother's love? or is it mother's tough love?

there are things i do not completely understand about my mother's qualities. R said he wants to thank my mother for doing a very good job parenting me because i am wonderful as a person. i don't see myself in that way yet. but for some very odd reason, i want to be almost like my mother when i become a mom someday. like her, i would be strict, focus, and strong for my children. like my dad, i would be generous, loving, and kind. but i think i would contribute my unique characteristics to my kids someday. and my mother will always be that one unique person who inspires me to simply be ME and try my very best. besides, i owe it all to her...my qualities, my features, my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
R....i can't sleep. my brain is getting paranoid t...
risks to take for the first time, i opened up my...
sitemeter says... wow, according to the site mete...
watched: disney's princess' diary at citywalk rati...
filipino made i was watching a united states base...
rrrr. i'm getting irritated. ahh that's it. i'll l...
hello.....i've been working on my lay out since la...
mood: happy =) thinking: i am liking him so much ...
searching........ i adapted this from josh's site...
for my readers i think real people with real prob...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES