Monday, June 11, 2001
men: sensitive or insensitive? or is it a mask?

reading other blogs, i felt as if my entries were so lame and inarticulate. do you ever get the sense of getting lost in something you are reading? that's what i felt reading some of other people's blogs today. i mean, these people are so eloquent and real that i can relate to things tehy discussed beyond words. for instance, there was this guy who uttered about how he missed his girlfiend because she left her pair of earrings in his room and seeing the earrings there reminds him of her, or there's another blog that talked how the rain played a vital role while he and "his someone special" made love, others discussed love....what it's like to love, to be loved, to let go of that love, or just a new love. ahhh, i'm in awe. what even makes these blogs dear to me is the fact that most, about 90% of it, are written by men. where can i find these men?it seems that i have been involved with hafl witted, imbecilic, and insensitive guys. and i am beginning to hate myself for it.

i wonder sometimes if glenn feels like these towards me.does he missed me whenever he sees my things around his house? i puposely left him my personal things so it would remind him of me. one thing i loved about glenn is his macho zeal. he pretends to be this tough, ghetto person , putting a facade of "strength and tower" infront of his friends who looked up to his bravery and courage. but behind close doors, i see another glenn. the one who writes me letters at two in the morning because he simple felt like it and that i "should cherished that letter" because it "was only going to be once in a blue moon", the one who draws me "bouquet of roses" when he can't give me the real one, the one that sings to me "nothing's gonna change my love for you" or "i finally found someone" in an off toned voice and yet, he'sproud of that (he thinks he's a very good singer...hehehe), the one who cries to me and says, " my heart is aching," the one who calls me up at four am before he goes to work and tells me i will be in his thoughts and that he will miss me so. ahh. i miss him again.

i knew inch does because that was one of the things i loved about him. hes; the type who would write me poems and long letters telling me exactly what he feels. you see his insensitivity. it's evident. he will treated me like a queen, as if i was on a pedestal. he literally worships and adores you. he's just one of a kind. but like any other men, he also have his "negativity" which i discovered later.

"oj," on the other hand, is the type that doesn't express any words but it is obvious inhis actions that he is showing a "caring gesture." i think he is more like me. i don't say "i like you" or "i love you" to anyoen unless i really mean it. besides, it takes me a while to blurt out those words. just to give you a taste: it took me half a year to tell glenn i loves him. speaking of oj, i have been thinking of "oj" lately. he left to the philippines for vacation. he's a very good friend. i don't think i would go for him because i don't want to destroy a friendship. i guess, i just miss his company.

people i have dated (too many to mention) have been calling me the past weekend and today telling me how they've missed me. what's that supposed to mean? does that mean they liked me? eww. most of them thinks i am fun to be with. there was this one guy who begged me for a kiss. i hesitated. but i agreed to give himoen anyway for " a very a fine evening." see, i don't know if they wanted the kiss for sensitivity's sake or just for the reason that it turns them on. i know for sure, i do it for sensivity's sake. i kissed them because they deserved it. but that's where it stops.

so if these men, if they really want me, they have to take all the risks, double their efforts, put on their sensitivity caps, bring out the "casannovas" and the "hopeless romantics" within them and pursue me with the best of their abilities. otherwise, no chance baby. what can i say, i am a hopeless romantic,t oo. it just takes all these hardwork or more for it to be evident.

question of the day: is he/she sensitive about your needs and desires?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
i have a pol sci exam tomorrow. so once again, i h...
speculating charm and claire started teasing me ...
out with charm it has been four long months since...
collect and select guy: seems to me that you're l...
would you get upset if one of your ex asked you to...
there's a very good reason why i am not blogging a...
in cardio kickboxing class today... nancy: norie,...
HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY GLENN! i decided not to get g...
mere attraction well, at church last sunday, ther...
RRrrr. I miss you, PONY.


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES