Monday, June 04, 2001
mere attraction

well, at church last sunday, there was this guy i am quite sure i met before but i rarely talk to him. it's just over the past few years, i don't quite find him "attractive" or "appealing." i believe i've seen him last year or was it the year before that on eunice's (my church friend ann whom i consider my little sis) debut.and i knew i was introduce to him once but as i said, it was always a simple "hello" that goes on between us.

that all changed on sunday. we had a guest filipina pastor preaching. from how she was introduced, i believed she used to be the senior pastor heading this guy's church which is st. paul's united methodist church(st paul's UMC) in tarzana. well, this pastor has then been retire and she is now serving as one of the UMC missionaty from the states to the philippines and she was currently reporting here for some missionary seminar. her stay will only be immediate as she is scheduled to go back to PI.

well, so at the service, a lot of people visited from tarzana and the guy i was eyein on was one of them. the first time i saw him enter, he looked at me and i, well, avoided his stares but i was secretly checking him out. he's one of them men that i like. well, physically, he's not normally one of the guys i would go fo becaus ei go for guy's who are chinky eyed and fair skin. but ah, change is good. i must say, his body structure has so much resemblance as glenn's: lean, muscular, and built. but he had round eyes and tanned skin. yet, he was cute. i think i admired him more because of his behavior: quiet but friendly, smart, and not too boastful. how did i found out all these? well, first, because he is eunice'c cousin (how lucky can i be?=)) and then second, because i was eavesdropping. ..hehhe.

so during the "passing of the peace" part of the service, where i was supposed to say "peace be with you" with my neighbor, i looked at him. okay, i must've have stared at him longer than i should. but it was embarrassing because i think he saw me looking his way. so i pretended i was shaking hand with someone. then oh my gosh, he was comign my way. i blushed...i just don't know if he noticed. okay, he is going on my way. i will be the first person he's going to go up to and say ,"peace be with you." well, you have the understand the logic of our sitting arrangements. we were on both ends. i was all the way in the left side and he's all the way onthe right side by the door entrance. why would he go all the way to my side and shake my hand just to say "peace be with you." i mean, there were people right next to him, near him where he could have easily reach for their hands and do the same thing? why would he walk all the way on the other end just to shake my hand. i would want to think he is also a bit attracted to me but i would be dreaming. well, i have been anyway.

so yeah he came up to me first, held my hand, looked at me straight in the eyes, and shook my hand. "peace ve with you, " he said. i smiled. "peace be with you, too," i replied. he smiled back. he has this hesitant and yet, charming smile. oh my gosh, the whole service , i was looking at him. and then every time he would look my way, i'll look down. you can just imagine how stupid i looked. i am not good at this "flirty looks" kind of things. i was practically melting everytime he looks at me. there were several times he caught me staring at him and he would smile. i hated that. my, i was a complete moron there. he must probably thought i liked him.

after the service, i noticed he had a cane. then i heard from eunice, he just got into a car accident and he was barely recovering from a sprained knee. then why did he walked my way when his knee was injured and he could barely walked? initially, i noticed he was walking unsymmetrical. he was kind of limping. but yeah, now, i knew that was because of the car accident. aww, poor thing. he's so cute...even with his cane. i think he was too shy to join us. i was with couple of my church friends.

then well, it was finally time to leave. i had to leave because my mother was bugging. darn me, i forgot to ask eunice what his name was. besides, i don't even know how will i tell eunice "you know, your cousin was cute." eww. she's going to laugh at me. i'll see her on sunday. i heard our senior pastor at church is offering a job for the filipina pastor for our church. if sheends up being in our church, wow, can you imagine? i will see him every sunday. another one of the wonderful reason why i should go to church.

i left....then i saw his dad, and his dad smiled at me. oh yeah, i did found out his last name. now, all i need is his first name. hehehe. aww, he is soo cute. as i always tell maff, " ahmm, i don't love yet, I ONLY LIKE..." hahhaha. hope to see him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
RRrrr. I miss you, PONY.
FOR THE ONE PERSON I LOVED THE MOST I can write y...
EMPTY ROOM In my heart, there's an empty room, wa...
Gangster's Paradise I wanted to scribble a long s...
HIDDEN SIX PACKS If I was in immense pain yesterd...
MAFF: I am glad you're doing okay. I don't want to...
Oh yeah, went to Glendale Galleria today and shop ...
LESSON: LETTING GO I received an email from close...
NEW HAIRDO out of Boredom Oh yeah, I was getting ...
Back to Summer School *****One thing that was goo...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES