Tuesday, May 08, 2001
For once, I believed in DESTINY
I mentioned couple days ago about "unexpected oppurtunities." Yesterday, I had an "unexpected opportunity with an unexpected friend." For the first time in eight or nine years, I finally saw Janice again,my old bestfriend from junior high school.

For all of you who doesn't know, I joined a gang when I was 13 years old and the person who knew me was as a gangster and was also one, was Janice. We were bestfriends in junior high. Jang is one of the few bestfriends I had growing up. She is one of the three BESTFRIENDS I had in my entire life. And up to this day, I still put her on that prestigious list of friends.

You might be wondering how we saw each other. Well, eight years ago, Janice or Jang and I were involved with one of the biggest Asian gangs here in LA. We were friends for a long time but it was one of those things that we felt like exploring so we were initiated to get into a gang. I am sure we all know how gangs are...violence and shooting and trouble, drinking, smoking...you name it. But for us, it was a sense of belonging and at that time, rebellion. But to cut the story short, Jang was sent home to the Philippines because fo that same gang and we parted ways. I also moved to another school. We kept in touch through letters and phonecalls throughout the years but for some strange reason we lost touch.

I know Janice knew my address. But our house burned down two years ago and we had to relocate for the construction of our new house. Unaware, I found out that Janice was going in and out of the United States for vacation mainly last year and this year. And every time she would come here, she would look for me and search for me but no address were showing or my telephone numbers are unlisted upon my request also. Recently, I just went to the Philippines for vacation and all the time I was there, I was searching for her. I looked everywhere there but we couldn't find her number. Unfortunately, the number that she gave me was disconnected. I felt hopeless. I thought I lost her forever. And it's funny, she felt the same way.

Rossini, a close friend of Janice and I, also our former classmate from junior high, works as a medical assistant at some clinic here in LA. Coincidently, Janice and her mother was referred to that same clinic because Jang needed a physical examination. I don't know how it exactly went but Janice noticed Rossini first and right then and there, Janice asked for my number. But Rossini lost my number. The only contact she have of me is my email which she knows I rarely check. But she took chances anyway of emailing just in case....because Jang is leaving in four days. Rossini figured WE NEED to see each other even just once before she leaves.

Strange thing is, as soon as I got home yesterday from school, there was this urge for me to check my email. So I did and I got hold of Rossini's email with Jang's mom's phone number. I was so excited I took the number down and called Rossini right away. And I got hold of her and we talked and she updated me with stuff about Janice.

The excitement is killing me. I wanted to talk to Janice already! There was this thrill. Immediately after I was able to talk to Jang, I took her address down. I hung up the phoen and headed to her place with Steve. We were looking for the place but we can't find it. We ended up going to Rosini's pad and I saw Eric there, too, another, one of the many people I went to elementary with back in Philippines. Woa, what a small world! Luckily, Jang was still on the phone Sini and so I asked her where the address was and confirmed it again.

So anyway....WE SAW EACH OTHER!!!!!! again after eight long years. My gosh, you can't imagine how glad I was to see her. It's that urge, all that seeking for each other, the painstaking searching...it's such a relief! I can't even explain it. Maybe our first hug explained it all. The long, almost teary, tight, and squeezable hug....the hug we used to bid each other good bye every time we part ways on the everyday basis when we use to hang out then.

We had our endless conversation...the updates... carreerwise, she is a senior business management major; lovelifewise, she's happily taken. Imagine both of us, the used to be loced out, ghetto gangster girls,now grew up to be successful young ladies or independent women in our respected areas. I feel like the conversation was not even enough to replace all the years we missed each other. She only have three more days left to stay here. I was asking her to extend her stay but she said she needs to go home because it's enrollment there. I promised her I will go home to the Philippines maybe this December or next March. I will see her again tonight. I am so excited. I am still excited to see her and just reminisce and enjoy the few days she has left to stay. I can't wait for more chitchats!

My Lord works in miracles I can't explain. My friendship with Janice and Rossini and the long wait for us to see each other was just one of the many "unexpected things" He has planned for me. With Glenn's loss, In return, I gained a stronger and maturer, and newly rebuilt friendship with Janice that will last us for a lifetime. I really do not believe in destiny...but with what just happened...with the reunited friendship I had with Jang, for once, I really thought destiny played a huge part for us to see each other again because of all the circumstances we have been.

Jang's mom said this when I was talking to her last night, "The Lord destined you guys to see each other again." And I smiled...and silently uttered, " I believed so."

I truly cherish my friendships with people.It's one thing that I really take care of and treasure. But it has to be reciprocally given. I think all of the three old friends that looked for me and thought I was special, proves that. It tells me I must really be a good friend to them for them to look for me and search for me. The three bestfriends I had in my life rebuilt their friendships with me this month and last month. One, with Maff with my trip to Vegas in Spring Break, second, Marie, searching me all over 411 just to be friends again, and then last, Janice who will be 5000 miles away from me in 3 days and yet, we manage to keep our friendships alive and strong. These are what I call TRUE FRIENDSHIPS....being able to survive all the odds and storms in our llives alone or together and yet, we still enjoy the rainbow and look back at the mementos life has given us.

SPIRITUAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thank you, Lord, for giving me Maff, Marie and now, finally, Janice...my three BESTFRIENDS.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
Oh yeah, I wrote Glenn a letter tellign him EXACTL...
Unexpected...It's strange where I find my musings....
For Broken Hearts Only...Just one name: GLENN...Ye...
Reliving my friendship with MarieI woke up so late...
Waaa......I miss Gurenn.This insomia is killing m...
Awww.....Maff responded to my email....and said......
I AM SOMEONENote from PINAYFREESTYLEUpon my bestfr...
Guys, guys, guys...too many guys, too little timeO...
For Maff: If you're reading this, I just want you ...
YEARN TO LOVE.....Jun called and said hello. Well,...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES