Friday, December 10, 2004
frozen turkey, korean barbeque and a goldilocks cake for thanksgiving

maffi, my best friend in las vegas, asked me on thanksgiving who was the guy on my cell. sang, my guy friend, changed the message on my cellphone's voicemail. of course, it was purposedly done to make han jealous. couple days ago, he was asking who the guy was on my voicemail. pretending innocent, i told han, "oh, my friend changed my greeting."

i was hurt by han's decision not to fight for me...for us. and i avoided every memory of him for couple of weeks. perhaps, i need this time away from thinking of him or from missing him. of course, i can not deny the inevitable times that he invaded my thoughts again. for instance, i was looking at this fixed up car on the street and i thought of him. when my patient's had back pain, i remember the time when hand told me he loved me when i was helping him heal his back pain and i fought to not communicate with him. besides, it was he who decided he can not fight for me. well, then, suffer it. at least, suffer this "i-miss-you" blues with me.

he called me several times. i had this "do not answer" message on his number. i refused to answer it. c'mon, i got to play hard to get! he texted me "i'm thinking of you" or a simply "goodnyt, muah." and i tried to put myself to sleep. if not, as always, i put my butt off to work.

three weeks ago, i decided to talk to him for thanksgiving sake. he asked if he can see me. i told him i'll bring a frozen turkey because my work gave me three frozen turkeys for thanksgiving. i decided, i will give him and his family a mocha roll chocolate cake from goldilocks. so after work, i went to see him. "i'll only stay for a little bit. i have work tomorrow," i informed him. i met his car at the signal hill park where he played basketball every night. his car guided me back to their house.

then he joined me in my car. i avoided to talk to his parents. i was not ready to talk to them any way. i am not sure if they know about our status. in my car, we talked. we avoided about our past conversation. han stared at me for minutes...it seemed like hours. i todl him if he stared at me more than one minute, i will poke his eye. and he smiled. "did i see a smile?" i joked around. he used to say that phrase to me everytime i was mad at him.

we talked as if nothing changed. he still informed me about his whereabouts even though i did not ask. he told stories about his friends and their escapdes. he confided me his problems and grunges with his friends. i observed...i did not say a word. i listened to every word he uttered. i listened to his coarse voice. i asked him if he was sick... he had a productive cough and reminded him to drink his medicine. he replied, " yes, nurse".

i memorized how he smirks when he's bothered by something. i noticed he had a great dimple on his right cheek . and he giggled when he tells me fun stories. i really adored his chinky slanted eyes . it spoke to me even more when he looked at me. i realized right then and there , gosh! i missed this guy and i am right next to him and it's even difficult because i can not even hug him. i was afraid to make that move any way.

maybe, he noticed my tired eyes. i was getting sleepy because i just worked sixteen hours before i went to see him. he reminded me i better get going. truth is, i wanted to stay there. i could stay there forever. i felt home with him. but i stopped myself and agreed i must leave, i still had work the next day. so instructed him to get the frozen turkey, korean barbeque and the goldilocks cake in my trunk. he even called his brother to help him.

on my way back to the driver's door, han stopped me. he gave a huge hug...squeezed me tight...he did not even want to let me go. and kissed me on the cheek. and then on the lips. long and passionate. no words said. i did not need to have explanation. i can feel it. i did not say anything. i went back to my car. and he leaned on my window again. this time, he kissed me goodnight again. and his brother was there watchign us.

that night, han and i talked on the phone like nothign changed. he called me every night after that. he even calls me "baby" while i three wayed him to talk to my cousin ai. i am pleased how he is such a friendly soul to my family. it was one of the things in my standards. he still tells me i miss you and i love you before he hangs up the phone. i reply, "me too."

who knows what will phappen next? i don't know what is in store for me and han. like the first time i went with him, i am taking my time this second time around. no rush. what can i say? we are a work in progress. i will simply wait for cupid's next move.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
Everything HAPPENS for a REASON ...
s l o w d a n c e This poem was written by a ter...
BA'T DI MO KAYA? [WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT?] HAN and L...
U N E X P E C T E D "i 'm flying there. i want to...
=) smile =) [there has been unexpected negative e...
5 minutes of ventilation { I am at work. I only h...
recipe a loft with jacuzzi & bar + 1 bottle...
HANDS IN HEAVEN [han wakes me up every single day...
han said, HOLD ON
the guy who sat in han's sit in the car NOTE: i t...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES