Thursday, February 07, 2002
valentines trauma drama..again.

the trauma of the approaching valentines day came to my thoughts yesterday. not only do i want to take the day of hearts off my calendar, i also don't want to exist that day. i am sure i will feel like hell....again. through the years, valentines days were always feelings of derangement for me. let's just say, all of them were unpleasant experiences except one.

i think the only valentines day i really enjoyed was the fsecond valentines i had with glenn. it was special because it was the first time i felt really love. glenn and i had this huge fight that year and i decided to cut off all ways possible for him to see or contact me...for two months. and he sent me trillions of red roses, gazillion boxes of my hawaiian favorite chocolate covered macadamias shipped all the way from the paradise island of oahu(which i gave to my friends and siblings), he wrote me thousands of " please-forgive-me-because-i-am-going-nuts-without-you" love letters and cards, and bombarded me with late night i miss you phonecalls and even gave me a plane ticket to see him in hawaii. well, that's that. my other valentines days are not even worth remembering nor mentioning.

four years after (which is NOW), we are on our separate ways. glenn is set to marry a girl whom he got pregnant and who is also the baby now of the 4 months old boy glenn named "gien" ( "gi" derived from the initial of glenn's first name and "en" from the initial of my first name which is norilen) in the philippines while he was there on vacation last year. and i, i was with someone i truly loved and perhaps, i still love..ron. but he chose to give up on "us" without saying goodbye that up until this very day, i searched for the answer.

this valentines day, like my previous valentines days, i will be alone again and celebrating it with myself. friends offered me double dinner or movie dates with their boyfriends and their "boyfriend's friend" but i politely turned it down because i hate being stuck wiht a guy i do not even know. my cousin geng and her beau joe are off to las vegas on the 14th and she asked me if i wanted to join them. i have not decided yet. but it would be a nice idea to see my best friend maffi again. plus, the thought of vegas mending my soul is very tempting.

i am overwhelmed with so much pain lately. and i am finding ways to find my soul again and discover new things i enjoy or put my interests back on the things i previously loved doing such as playing the piano, writing poems, watching the sunset, listening to raindrops, sleeping with my feet sticking out of the blanket. i am digging into my spiritual roots. i am returning to my Lord once again and i'm praying and i'm meditating more. i kept myself busy again. i overloaded myself with enermous number of units in school ( i am more than full time student) and i straffed myself with the most difficult classes such as upper division math courses and tons of sciences and labs. i am jobless at the moment but i will be taking on a new job within couple of weeks in the medical field and i subjected to them that i will work the double shift which also happen to be graveyard shifts (3 pm - 11 pm and then onto 11pm to 7am), a remarkable total of 16 hours! to add to these is my mukltiple obligations and responsibilities and chores and errands at home namely: cooking, cleaning, picking up my siblings to and from). whoa...in this case, i do not have to think of anything but myself.

perhaps, this is my way of healing the hurt, getting rid of my negative contemplations, and erasing the sorrow. it will be a long journey. i am aware of that. but i think, right now, it is good that i know my destination and i believe i am doign the right path. being busy devoting myself into school, my career, my family and my friends is better thn luring myself into unwanted sex ( i want sex but not from someone i do not love), or drugs or alcohol that would only give me temporary high and sanity. by engaging myself into conquering these goals, i am delivering myself " i am moving on" attitude. and that's not a bad thing.

as i said, it's still a long way to go. yes, i was and still is badly hurt, i am also determined. though, my soul is tarnished, i also long to shine and sparkle again. even if i am weak right now, i am standing up and gathering up my strength because i am also brave. and though people have hurt me and the past left me permanently scarred, i forgave them and i still believe in love and i will remain a hopeless romantic. life is filled with battles we could not choose to fight but we must fight regardless. there's no time to to back out. it is a matter of facing. so slowly, that's what i am set to do.

gradually, i am getting there. like how i will wish that valentines day will passed me by as fast as the wink of my eye.

eh.

one step at a time.

one day at a time.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
not ready to talk about my feelings just yet but i...
LOST lately, i am so lost. i have not post any ...
ALMOST.... yesterday, i thought of ron(my korean ...
eh. another lonely day. i'll spill you details ...
i feel good today. my friend steve said i inspire ...
loving yourself.... i found this article today. i...
sweeping away... yesterday, i clean the whole hou...
fearful... paul says, "what's stopping you from ...
i heard this song when i was still in up northern ...
best wishes to you... i talked to YOU a week ago....


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES