Saturday, March 31, 2001
I AM A NERD! and I am proud of it!

I am officiallly a nerd! I got a memo from my school that I am one of their honoree for the Dean's List and President List Awards. And this can only be achieved by having a 3.5 to 4.0 average. I am slo a recipient of the Dean's Scholarship Award. I feel proud. You know how people say, " Some people dreams of success. Other people wakes up and works hard at it." That's me. I am darn proud of it because I spent barrel of tears, sweat, and endless nights of no rest and no sleep to get to where I am now. I sacrificed so many things just to be where I am at now. Thank you, Lord. You said, "Do your best, and I'll take care of the rest." I give you all the honor, my Father." My mom read the memo and I can see the joy in her eyes. She was almost teary. At least, she knows how much effort I put into everything I do. My dada was proud of his little girl. He's always like that. I hope I inspired my siblings.

Ate Ral just got back from her vacation in the Philippines yesterday. last night, we blabbed for hours...from 5 pm to 11 pm...I don't know. Think how many hour was that. I had leg cramps sitting on my carpet. So many surpises. I'm quite shocked. She got married there. I guess, I should be happy for her. But she's too young. Oh well, that's her decision.

Various things happened today. This black guy asked me out on a date..YuK. No, he's nice and everything. But I don't know. He seemed too aggressive for me. Besides, I never dated a black guy before. It's just I am very picky with guys. I just don't see myself with a black man.And it's not about the racial thing either. So please, do not judge me by that aspect. It's weird because eversince I got bac from the Philippines from my Christmas vacation, a lot of African American were asking for my number. One guy even asked me for my measurements. What in the hell was that? Why are these guys getting attracted to me or seemed interested in me all of the sudden? I don't find myself physically attractive. Yes, I do have a low self esteem eversince Glenn traded me for someone else. Why do you think I get scared every time somebody tries to court me? I just chicken out and I take the easy way out. In Psychology, they call it the negative reinforcement. I avoid things. I look for an escape because I am afraid to love.

Funny thing is, when the guy asked me out, he asked me infront of OJ. And OJ asked me if that guy was asking me out on date. I said he just wanted to eat out. And told me to remind him when am I available. But eww. I won't go. Then OJ acted a bit jealous. I still want to asked him if he liked me. I just don't have the balls to do it. I hate it. After class, OJ and I decided to go online at the Digital Imaging Lab because he had weight lifting class and I have a RN 50 class. He kept asking me for my email address. I told him to just call me at home or my cell if he wants to talk to me. And he goes, " No I want your email address so I can email you a love letter." I said, "What?" Love letter? Did he just say a love letter? And I asked him again, " What are you talking about?" and he just changed the topic. Instead, he asked, " When are you leaving for Vegas? " Spring break, " I said, on " April 9th to the 15th." he asked if he can come. I was actually thinking about it when he asked me that. Should I let him come? If he comes, I can't flirt with any other guys...hehehe or we can be "romantic" on Vegas...if you know what I mean. heheh LOL. Well, I'm nice so I said," Sure." So I think I am going with OJ and Janet, Sheila, Mickey, Armstrong, Andrea, Wowie to Vegas to meet my bestfriend Maff there. Should I see Glenn's brother there? What if Glenn finds ou I was in Vegas on Soring break? He will probably go paranoid and he'll ask his brother to chaperone me!! EEWwww, NO! We have lots of things planned and I can't wait....but we'll see.

Originally, I plan to go to Waikiki, Hawaii and see Glenn there (he lives there now...int he Airforce Base) but he gave me an attitude before he left to Philippines that I got pissed off that I changed my entire plan of going to Hawaii for Spring break. I really should forget about him. He's making my life a living hell. I wa supposed to surprise him...but he ruined it. Maff and I wanted to go to New York but we realized it 's too cold there at this time of the year according to the weather forecasts plu ssoemthign "bad" happened...(care to talk about it Maff?) so never mind. Maybe in the summer time on my birthday. maff asked me to go with her to Chicago? Are you crazy? i thopught you wanted to go to NY? What's there In Chicago now? Uhuh....I know...but I won't tell you. LOL.

I miss Glenn right now. I wonder if he even thinks of me. He'll be back on March 27. I've been longing to call him overseas but I've been forcing myself NOT to because he'll start having all these ego trips again. He thinks I still love him every time I call him. But guess what, for the past two months and a half, he's the one calling me. I know he wants me back. But right now, I am not stupid to go back to him. I still love him but not as much as I loved him then. Plus, he really made me miserable. Now, talk about karma. Spring break in Vegas, I am looking forward. And I just hope and cross my fingers that Glenn FINDS out about it. I can't wait to hear his reaction.
posted by Pinay Freestyle at 8:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
March 22, 2001NECKLACE: He likes me? he likes me n...
Tuesday, March 20, 2001MY BEST FRIEND MAFFI talked...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES