SEEDLING
Thursday, November 23, 2006
dear boy (initials BM - you know who you are)

just couple of weeks ago, i prayed for the pain of my past to end. i waited for answer but after waiting for what seemed like endless nights, i felt as if the Lord took me forgranted. just couple days ago, one week from yesterday in exact, i found myself in a follow prayer but this time, asking for someone with my specific
"standards" to touch my life again and love me for who i am. the day before yesterday, i kneeled infront of the unlit crucifix at st. basil staring at the crucified Christ, and i asked for the same prayer. but this time, i was asking him to guide you and protect you. i found that strangly weird because i normally ray for my family and close friends but not for someone i don't even know completely like you.

when you asked me why do i always act like a warrior, armored and shielded and ready to fight all the time when i am asked with matters of the heart?and i quickly told you that the explanation to this strange behavior is because i am jsut protecting myself from being hurt again. i'm just not willing to let my guards down completely. and you asked me, "why" again, and all i could utter is because i don't want to be hurt again. i'm just terrified, period.

then you asked me, " do i love you?" and i was so confused why you asked me that question. here we are, just 2 months ago, we were complete strangers and now, we are sharingf our innermost secrets. something that is so rare because i don't share my private woes and my life story to everyone besides the close friends and family whom trust the most. then you repeated the question, " do you feel any love for me...even if it's just a little...? i'm not expecting you to be INLOVE with me, but do you feel even JUST A LITTLE BIT of love for me?"

i found myself tongue tied. for what it seemed forever, i thought about what you ask me and i was caught speechless because in my entire life, i was never asked by such query. why would a guy who said he liked me two months ago think i would have love for him? truth is, i find you so intriguing. for most people who knew me, they know i am avoiding this topic of love for six months now. and here i am confronted by you, asking me sensitive question whom no one dared to ever ask me.

but no, you were persistent. you asked me for the third time, "do you have any bit of love for me? even just a little bit?" i thought about asking you, " why do you ask me such questions but i decided to keep my mouth shut and refocus what answer i will give you. out of it came, " well, i... like... you...." and i was dreading that. talking to myself in my head, i told myself, " wait a minute, di dyou just tell a guy you liked him? that is so NOT you, girl!" i felt so embarrassed.

"you liked me? and i liked you...but i think i am falling for you," you uttered back. all these skeptical thoughts went to my head which i eventually told you, "how can you like someone you just got to know in two months? it just doesn't make sense to me." and then you told m,e i would not know that because i amnot in your shoes. while i was asking you, "why me?" questions you kept responding, "why NOT you?" you even mentioned that eventhough it is only been two months it does not mean, you can not see the wonderful quealities i have that attracted you to me. honestly though, i was flattered but i kept it to myself.

just wehn i thought you forgot about it, you asked me again, this time for the fourth attempt, " so, do you feel any love for me?" and i this time, i answered you don't even know me to start falling for me. and you counterargued that it doesn't take a life time to realize you have feelings for someone because of their genuine kindness. you said that you were drawn to my humor, my kindness, my "sweetness" and you said, you felt that towards me.

so yes, we went to the fifth time, " so, you're not answering my question, do you feel any love for me? i am not asking if you are in love with me. i am just asking you if you feel even little bit of love towards me...be honest." truthfully, i did not want to answer. even if i did feel any love for you, i told myself i was not going to admit it. then there it goes, the more i tell myself to not be affected by that question, the more i am hammerred by it in my head. the more i convince myself that maybe i am just infatuated by the fact that you like me, i should not let myself be suck in to the idea of it.

then my heart started pounding too fast.and i seem to feel every heart beat. the butterflies suddenly fluctuated in my stomach and they seemed to fly around it. for the first time in so long, i started to feel butterflies in my stomach and i am becoming over obssessed with the idea that, perhaps, i like you more than i thought i did. it's been a while since i had such side effects of high anxiety and excitement. but was it anxiety? was it excitment? even worse, was it love?

you waited for me to answer while all this cogitation are spinning in my head and while this pounding are felt in my heart. and i keep telling myself, i am scared. i don't want to answer. i told myself don't answer. dont say anything. just act casual and normal and don't show any signs of distress or uncomfortability around him. and just ignore all his questions. i was talking to myself and reminding my own self to disregard the question........just DISREGARD....breath in ...breath out...stay calm...stay zen.

and then i just blurted, THERE'S LOVE FOR YOU THERE! but....right now, IT'S A SEEDLING! it has yet to grow." there i said it. " I THINK I AM FALLING FOR YOU, BUT IT'S TOO LITTLE TO TELL YOU, REALLY BUT THERE'S SOMETHING THERE...okay? "

and all i can remember was your unexpected reply, " that's enough for me to love you. i'd rather have that seedling, so i can give it roots and make it grow. i'll try to take care of it. show sunshine and shower it with water so it will grow and bud and flourish."

the hundred butterflies in my stomach multiplied into one thousand. boy, i was not going to lie. i was floating in the air. i thought i was on drugs but i am so wide awake. i even knew the time, it was 3:23 am! on thanksgiving day, november 23. i was that aware of it but i wasn't showing you any of these odd behavior.

there were more utters exchanged. all i can recall at this point is when you said," I LOVE YOU ( even if it's a seedling)" to me. i find myself melting. before, i encircled myself in a block of thick ice so no one can melt it. i would be inside and i'll stay numb. but you melted the ice of emotions. i was no longer that zombie that went with the flow. for the first time in a long time, i felt the "kilg" factor, the feeling of having your stomach turn upside down like riding a roller coaster and you feel this because you're happy.

then i can't help but ask myself...

is this a start of something wonderful?
will the seedling become what it supposed to be?
will the seedling develop strong roots enough to survive?
will the seedling grow and flousrish?
i guess i will nevr know unless i try, right?

so...

mr. i'll take you on your offer. let's see if you can live up to it. i know i am setting myself up to be hurt...but...i'm going to take that risk. let's give this a try. prove me wrong. make the seedling grow and flourish.

i just spoke to you. you greeted me, 'HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! hushhh...I THINK I LOVE YOU...hush...I LOVE YOU...even if it's a seedling...I..JUST ...LOVE YOU..." please tell me i am not dreaming. for if i am, then i don't want to wake up.

couple of weeks ago, i prayed for someone to love me for who i am---simple as that. on thanskgiving day, HE gave YOU to me. my Lord is wonderful, isn't he?

this is just a start. i can't wait until i'll be in your arms again. =)

love,
len

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
TIME OF THANKS
tribute to nice girls number 2
tribute to nice girls number 1
saka na
love....
sand
empty yet whole
friends
chapter closed
He listens


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES