Friday, January 04, 2002
keeping it positive...

i had a terrible day yesterday. as early as 8 am, i am approached by a roaring, unexplainable anger from my own mother. ahh. once again, she enumerated how much of a loser i am ~~~as always. then my father comes to the rescue and defends me and it annoys my mom even more. i vowed to keep the new year positive. i did sob because i didn't want to hear what my mother had to say. it's just i feel that she's so impatient taht regardless how much i achieved, it will be worth nothing to her.

so i spent the day sorting out my thoughts yesterday. i contemplated on my life the previous year...the year i left behind. i don't want to recall the pain because it will hurt me more. i yearn to remember the good times...times i spent laughing with my ex boyfriend, RON; or just those unexpected dinners with my friends charm and diane and we talked the night away; or what about the times my siblings and i would sneak out three in the morning from our parents just to eat out at PHO.

then i thought about what i want in my life this year. i want...to even be stronger than i already am. i feel that over the years, my strength is being tested. and the more i encounter pain, twinge, tribulations, and meet back stabbing people, the more i am polish as a human being. i learn to counterfight and counter change the negative emotions, i learned that i can't change people and that i can never please anyone, and as of now, i am struggling to slowly love myself (all my life, i questioned my self worth). but most of all, i think, 2001 taught me that a broken heart is only temporary because time will lead me to another being who will care for me and love me better than the previous relationship i have been in. it's just a matter of waiting for the right time.

but the discovery will not stop there. i am sure there will be unanticipated encounters of hate, of being stepped on, of feeling lonely and worthless, of hurt and pain, or anguish and anger, of...hopelessness, and of...shattered heart and unromantic gestures. there will be situations when i will cry, when i will be hurt, when i will meet people who will take advantage of me without my knowing, when i will fail, when i will get discourrage, when i will get my heart played with and look and feel like a fool again.

but i am a tower of strenght. i have proven that each time i fall, i get up easily even if it was the hardets task i even have to do ( like right now). i insist to not let people pin me down because i am more than that. i didn't establish the foundation of strength i have in me now for these people to drag me down.i built this for me to scriimmage and attack the negative forces driving me down.

so beware for this new lioness in me for the year 2002. because this lady refuses to stop fighting. and if there's one thing i vowed, i will keep fighting.

besides, why stop now? i 've gone this far. i am sure i will go along way. watch out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
thank you i scrolled through my email today for t...
"flirting" i am opening my doors once again. and ...
letting go...it's time to say "good bye"... belie...
thinking of you.....(some new guy)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! i'm preparing a END OF THE YEA...
christmas escapades belated merry christmas! chr...
merry x mas everyone!
days are becoming slower and nights are even longe...
ponder....... "pain refines our being." "dream w...
something fun.........7, 7, 7 i was browsing thro...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES