Sunday, January 01, 2006
STANDING

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 !!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

varied shapes and colored fireworks lit the midnight skies as my brother long and his friend leo prepeared the fireworks. unle henry turned on the loud siren from his car. our family gathered (and stampede) infront of auntie vickie's to watch and witness the fireworks up in the sky and every direction possible. the children were given "legal" fireworks courtesy of me and ate bel. their faces furnished with excited and anxious smiles.

as one enter inside the house, already drunk adults who gulped the chivas regals even before midnight were handed red wine. the legal aged (and the "wanna be" legal - you will remain anonymous!)youths were also given vodka infested strawberry flavored margaritas. the kids also enjoyed their wine versioned sparkling ciders. all drinks elegantly poured on champagne glasses. we tossed and drank after the fireworks came off. even my little cousin annette, whose experiencing all this new and happy chaotic gathering for the first time as she just moved here from tennessee, claimed excitedly, "wow!!! this is the life!!!" and just like that, 2005 bid its final farewell.

but i will never forget 2005. he surely left his marks in my life this year. major decisions and changes were typical menu for me and my family this year. for instance, my family spent the holidays apart as we always spend it together as some of us are away from our dear lovedones. homesickness is not an easy thing to deal with. emails, texts and phonecards has been a factor to communicate efficiently. we're surviving. that's good for now.

personally for me, as normal as every one else, i have had my share of joys and tears this year.the heartbreaking revelation of han cheating on me at the start of the year tore me apart. but i forgave him and i decided we can now be friends. but the Lord has HIS own purpose. this year, i've discovered a wonderful person in AB, someone who has been my "unnoticeable" friend for years, and now, i'm slowly falling into ( he does not know yet, i think).it's hard to tell your best friend you secretly loved hima ll these months. we will get there. there's a proper time for everything. let's enjoy the moment.healthwise, except for the inevitablebroken foot, swollen muscles and nerves and the well media coveraged flu, i am okay for this year.

financially, i am reaping the earnings of my hardwork courtesy of the many double 12 hour shifts i pulled from work this year. i am blessed more than i an can ask for. spiritually, i renewed my faith to the Lord Jesus this year as an obedient disciple serving HIM at church and serving others, and inspiring the young ones to do the same.workwise, my work allowed me to expand my covenant with the Lord to serve and to enhance myself as a human with heart in general as i witness the greatest gift the Lord can give us: LIFE at its worst and best (from birth of a child, to the healing of the sick, to death). everything this year has been a learning lesson. perhaps, i could not ask for more.

well, as they say, "what does not kill you only makes you stronger." and truly, i was dignified with the renewed spirit and strenght this past year. my exboyfriend, ron, once told me, "only the strong survives in this f*cked up world. so fight like it's your last battle." what can i say? i fight like a lion and thank GOd, i'm still standing here.

life will always be unpredictable. 2006 will have its own ups and downs and that goes for the new year also. i will be tested again. i will cry in tears. i will accomplish something again. i will take risks and make difficult decisions again. i will be tempted. i will rejoice in laughters. i will share many more speial moments. but one thing is for sure....with God as my Saviour, i will STILL be standing here.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MY SILENT REVERIES
writing is my passion. i created silent reveries years ago to vent out things i could not tell the world. it was my private, modern tech approach to scribbling my thoughts and emotions in a journal. in here, i can feely be who i am. i could cry my woes, i can love freely, i can grieve over a broken heart, i can celebrate the joys in my heart, i can rejoice with my accomplishments, i can tell stories of remarkable friendships and unforgettable connections i made with extraordinary people SECRETLY AND SILENTLY without worrying people might judge me. i hid under the name PINAY FREESTYLE.

but eventually, some people gained access to my secret place. so i opened my doors to them in the purpose that i could inspire them: to be better versions of themselves and to share themselves to the world. slowly, i embraced my readers as a part of my life. i welcomed the strange idea that my untold life stories and unconcealed revelations could be of help to others, to love and accept themselves as they are. and i, i came out from the animosity. i eventually became just the regular LEN - the nickname my family & friends call me.

i developed stories of love, of letting go, of falling in love all over again. i made great friendships. but if there's one thing i was particularly proud of, it was my undenying love for the LORD. i wrote and made soul searching, heart wrenching entries i entitled, "SPIRITUAL REVERIES" which you will find many here. it was my productive way to heal myself from twinge and while i am at it, i could also mend others spirits along the way and bring them back up to par with their faith and relationships with God. it has not stop there. it's still a constant journey.

and so, for as long as i can, i vowed to tell my memorable reflections,i have unmasked the hidden me. and the seeking and searching of life's meaning and purpose is not over. LIFE is a long road of discovering. and i still yet to discover many wonders of this world and satisfy my unending curiosity. but be warned. you can either love me or hate me. but i don't care. this is me: sripped and bare as i can be.

so i invite you into my chaotic unperfect world. join me in my whirlwind new travels of diving into the unknowns. let me share my life with you all over again. come in, as i tell you my SILENT REVERIES.

love,
len


DISCOVER ME: who is the lady behind the blogs?



"I want to have a personal light, the glow of oneself that comes from sheer willpower, the light of someone who has made important sacrifices in the name of things I think are important."

---Paulo Coelho's "Eleven Minutes"

my name is len. people always tend to judge me without discovering who i really am. i might look intimidating, a typical shop girl, and i act like a crazy party girl on the weekend. but i actually have brains. and i own an even bigger heart. the truth is, beyond the louis vuitton bags, beyond the lavish parties, the excessive passion to travel and the desire to get to know the world, if you got to know the REAL ME, i am really just a simple girl. my only desire is to be loved for who i am.

"









REACH ME if you want to get to know me better, if you want to share your thoughts, if you want to be my friend, don't hesitate: you can find me at


::EMAIL ME @ AOL::
:: EMAIL ME @ GMAIL
::FACEBOOK::
::AOL IM: XLENDCX::
::yahoo: YM::
::MYSPACE::
PREVIOUS POSTS
AFRAID FOR LOVE TO FADE Sung by: Lea Salonga Com...
The Man On The StreetNoche Buena (Christmas Eve Di...
SPIRITUAL REVERIE: secret texterThis is going to b...
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: watermelons and tamarindsit ha...
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: tamarinds and watermelonsit ha...
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: jack-o-lanternthe spirit of ha...
SPIRITUAL REVERIES: the gift wrapped inside the ti...
NOTE: i adapted this from ate paulizzia's page.......
SELFISHI've been so selfish. My past ramblings her...
GRATEFUL BIRTHDAY GIRL!Early this morning, I decid...


DAILY DOSE OF ME my other blogs: in case, you're not tired of me yet =)


::GOOD THINGS::
life is all about appreciating the simple things

::YACKETY YACKS::
pinay chatter box: much ado about nothing =)

CONTRIBUTIONS articles and works i've done for other e-zines through the years




binibini.org: KEYCHAIN
binibini.org: FAREWELL
binibini.org: SA GITNA NG GABI

HABITUATE fellow bloggers who keeps me entertained and sane




::ernie::
::joyce::
::eric ahn::
::pammy::
::champuru::
::maldito/glenn::
::mica::
::tintin::
::batjay::
::rijah::
::carol::
::christine::

ADDICTION these are a few of my favorite things...




::louis vuitton::
::ugg australia::
::armani exchange::
::h & m::
::banana republic::
::target::
PAMPER ME in this stressful world, i need relaxation. places i hibernate to and hide away from the world. here are some of my favorite spots.




::olympic spa::
::pho siam thai spa::
:: raya spa::
::japanese garden::
::redondo beach::

FREQUENTS embracing life in los angeles: a day in a life in my shoes



::monte carlo cafe::
::THE GROVE::
::coffee bean::
::barnes and noble::
::starbucks::

GOBBLE GOBBLE [L.A.STYLE] food over matter los angeles style =)




::todai::
::sanamluang::
::hodori::
::alcove::
::portos::
::mayflower::
::tommy's::
::roscoe's::
::philippes::
::thai bbq::
::the pantry::
::pinks::
::koji's::
::kabuki::

QUERRIES i don't know everything. so these are the sites i go to answer my inquisitive inquiries, obtain html coldes, and upload my pictures.




::google::
::yahoo::
::ask::
::photobucket::
::blogger::

ARCHIVES